New generation of pop punk

Champ182

It's the perfect storm for huge demand. People are starved for concerts. Warped Tour no longer exists, and people miss it. It's only one (now two) dates instead of a whole tour so people from all over the country will be trying to get tickets to the same singular event, instead of everyone going to their closest Warped Tour date.

Sounds like a nightmare to attend tbh. I love a lot of the bands and I'd love to see many of them but this just doesn't sound fun. Plus, I'm REALLY hoping things are better by then, but in this day and age large public events aren't even a sure thing at the moment. COVID could spike again and this could get canceled, like so many other events, and they made it clear that they aren't offering refunds, which is... sketchy.

But hey if this whole thing crashes and burns we could at least get an entertaining Netflix documentary about how big of a failure it was! Too bad it's not on an island like Fyre Festival, so it won't be as fun to watch.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

even a stupid MGK song where the chorus lyrics are literally "I fell in love with an emo girl" is so catchy to me. I feel like I shouldn't like his music but I can't help but enjoy it every time. His pop punk stuff at least, I've literally never listened to his rap even once.

It's catchy, but the Travis/Feldmann formula doesn't age well.  They feel like bangers for 2 weeks then you are tired of them and hardly return.

Tickets to downfall was just super well done though.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, jan______dalf said:

It's catchy, but the Travis/Feldmann formula doesn't age well.  They feel like bangers for 2 weeks then you are tired of them and hardly return.

Tickets to downfall was just super well done though.

I agree with this for some of the Travis stuff for sure.  MGK, Kennyhoopla, MOD SUN, Jxdn, I keep coming back to though.  Its just good stuff.  Also not sure if anyone's heard of the band Girlfriends, but they have a song with Barker that is permanently stuck in my head (and their whole self-titled album bangs hard, highly recommend it).