New generation of pop punk

Champ182

2 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Didn't he also post a doorbell cam video of someone he thought was committing a burglary but they were just walking down the sidewalk in a sweatshirt or something like that? Maybe I'm mixing up some stories haha

Oh my God, that was a 15 second youtube video of him thinking this guy totally minding his own business was the neighborhood burglar or something.  Then he spotted him and quickly shut if off, from my memory.

Comedy gold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

What are you jabbering on about?

I said I wanted Oliver back and you sent a book long response and like 30 DMs about how this place isn't good for Oliver's mental health and how I should be ashamed of myself for urging him back.

It was very toxic.

47 minutes ago, jan______dalf said:

I said I wanted Oliver back and you sent a book long response and like 30 DMs about how this place isn't good for Oliver's mental health and how I should be ashamed of myself for urging him back.

It was very toxic.

Oh, you’re trying again, I see.

So I saw Meet Me @ The Altar, Hot Mulligan, and Knuckle Puck last night.  Such a sick show.  The guitarist/vocalist from Hot Mulligan showed up at the bar across the street after and bought us drinks and shot the shit.  I asked him what he thinks of MGK, shockingly said he loves him.

• Wow 1

19 hours ago, Kay said:

So I don’t try to listen to modern pop punk, but because of my interests the TikTok algorithm fucking loves showing me it.

and fuck me guys it all sucks. 

I'm not going to pretend i know your tastes, but I just have a feeling you might find some enjoyment out of this new Real Friends song

15 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

It’s a few years old now but this pop punk nothing,nowhere cover kicks ass. I love it so much. This is how covers should be, make the song your own. Give me a reason to listen to your version over the original.

Me and my buddies who are into this pop punk revival shit that's going on pretty much consider this the best banger of the bunch.  Nothing out there gets me quite as hyped as this song does.  Its so much better than the original that everyone I've spoken to about it assumes Point North wrote it.  When they figured out its a cover they were stunned.

• Love 1

16 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

It’s a few years old now but this pop punk nothing,nowhere cover kicks ass. I love it so much. This is how covers should be, make the song your own. Give me a reason to listen to your version over the original.

Wow this is niiice. I’ve never heard of them before.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Sadly I don’t think any of their other music sounds like this. Though I haven’t checked in a couple years, maybe they have new stuff that does.

I checked them out a bit and you’re right. Didn’t find anything else of interest. Too bad but the song was nice anyway 

• Like 1

That nothing, nowhere. guy is pretty damn good if you like emo rap with some pop punk blending into it. Travis worked on an EP with him about 4 years ago.

He's one of my favourite new artists but that Point North cover is damn good. I can't get into the rest of their music though. They're everything I dislike about pop punk.

• Like 1