New generation of pop punk

Champ182

On 2/25/2022 at 5:38 AM, scoobs said:

New Avril album is out.  Mark Hoppus (you may have heard of him) features on a song called ‘All I Wanted.’  Pretty solid.  Nothing quite like a ft. Mark Hoppus song.

1.31 up to 1.54 fits blink to a T

On 3/5/2022 at 4:36 AM, Maddey said:

I’ve had a real Knuckle Puck phase lately. They’re really hit or miss for me but the hits really hits lol. Copacetic is such a good album. 

Shapeshifter is their best album front to back IMO.  Double Helix, Gone, Want Me Around, Conduit are my favorites.  

I saw them live last month and couldn’t recommend it more.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2022 at 7:39 AM, scoobs said:

Shapeshifter is their best album front to back IMO.  Double Helix, Gone, Want Me Around, Conduit are my favorites.  

I saw them live last month and couldn’t recommend it more.

I never really got into Knucklepuck except for that album. I love that one specifically.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, scoobs said:

One of my favorite Travis Barker collabs is this guy KennyHoopla.  This is his new song it’s got the slickest hook I’ve heard in awhile.  Hes really, really special and gonna be huge someday I think.

This stuff is not for me but I gotta give Travis props for basically shepherding a new subgenre of music. I remember how unique and unusual it was in the early 2000s when he was first talking about how much he loved hip hop and started injecting bits of hip hop music and culture into Blink.

Pop punk was still strictly "skateboarding/surfing/suburbia" music back then and now 20 years later skate culture has clearly intersected with hip hop and this hybrid style of hip hop and pop punk apparently has a huge following. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scoobs said:

One of my favorite Travis Barker collabs is this guy KennyHoopla.  This is his new song it’s got the slickest hook I’ve heard in awhile.  Hes really, really special and gonna be huge someday I think.

Love me some Kenny Hoopla.  I can see this getting old after a while but they really are a perfect match.

• Like 1

No Finn, no win.

How many times do we see 'return to their roots' albums in their late 40s for bands that never work.

It's always cool for a second.

Man is the pop punk imagery aging like hair metal though.  The psych of fading out of the limelight sure is interesting.

• Like 1