New generation of pop punk

Champ182

At the very least I’m glad we have MGK to argue about.  Anytime these conversations start up the forum gets super active with all the conflicting takes.  Sure as shit more interesting than wondering if Tom will rejoin blink yet again, or if blink will ever make new music (that prob won’t be very good anyways)

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, scoobs said:

At the very least I’m glad we have MGK to argue about.  Anytime these conversations start up the forum gets super active with all the conflicting takes.  Sure as shit more interesting than wondering if Tom will rejoin blink yet again, or if blink will ever make new music (that prob won’t be very good anyways)

I was just about to say for the love of God will blink or someone else do something so we can fight about that instead of MGK 

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

It’s okay to like shit music, god knows 90% of the bands I listen to are dog shit musicians and songwriters. That’s just my thing. MGK doesn’t have to be the pop punk Jesus to enjoy his music, just like what you like. You don’t have to fool yourself into it and you sure as shit aren’t fooling anyone else.

We're Blink fans. Tom Delonge is the lead singer and they sing about fucking dogs.  Obviously we don't have the most pretentious taste and that doesn't need to be stated.

Unlike Skiba, which is probably why he's so fucking annoying in blink.

22 minutes ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

We're Blink fans. Tom Delonge is the lead singer and they sing about fucking dogs.  Obviously we don't have the most pretentious taste and that doesn't need to be stated.

Unlike Skiba, which is probably why he's so fucking annoying in blink.

Skiba is the opposite of "pretentious" what are you talking about.  He's just a weird guy who does his own thing.

• Like 1

Just now, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

Improve your message boarding skills, that's what I meant. I'm not putting more effort into swipe typing from my phone to articulate shit about Skiba's worthlessness in the band.

Your super power is constantly saying the opposite of what you mean and most of the time it’s out of context with the rest of the conversation. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

Blink wasn’t being serious. MGK tries too hard. There’s a huge difference. Tom and Travis were 23 when that song was written so that’s a horrible example of you to use, just because Mark wrote the song by the way. 2/3 of the band were in fact, 23. Try again. As well, you mentioned most pop punk panders to its audience. Cool story, doesn’t change a thing or make his music any more high quality, shit just sucks ass and he’s a cornball. There’s a reason you see him getting tons of hate out there. Next you guys are gonna be telling me Nickelback is an epic and revolutionary rock band 😂

I enjoy how riled up you get about MGK, I don't think I've ever hated something as much as you hate him. The obsession is quite strange. 

I'd have thought an absolute stud on a six figure salary would have far more pressing things to be focusing on, go spend some bucks and bang some honeys FFS. 

23 hours ago, scoobs said:

I think a lot of the pop punk scene just refuses to accept MGK came in and made one of the best albums the scene has produced in recent memory on his first try. 

lots of folks disagreeing but facts are facts. maybe not the best album in recent memory but certainly an all-timer with historical importance in the canon, not on the same level but also not unlike EOTS or dookie. just reinvented for a new gen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

lots of folks disagreeing but facts are facts. maybe not the best album in recent memory but certainly an all-timer with historical importance in the canon, not on the same level but also not unlike EOTS or dookie. just reinvented for a new gen.

Come on, you know that’s not true. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I enjoy how riled up you get about MGK, I don't think I've ever hated something as much as you hate him. The obsession is quite strange. 

I'd have thought an absolute stud on a six figure salary would have far more pressing things to be focusing on, go spend some bucks and bang some honeys FFS. 

I don’t hate him, guess you missed the part where I said he’s living it up and I didn’t wanna spend my day bitching about him. The part that annoys me are arrogant cunts acting like he is some type of savior of pop punk and made some brilliant album. I don’t think he did, and many people agree with that. Also, making money and banging chicks is not my mantra, it sounds like you’re the one living with hate in your heart since you keep trying to take cheap personal shots at me. Let it out young man!

3 hours ago, boxelder said:

Comparing that to EOTS or Dookie is just honestly one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. I don’t know how anyone could take you seriously after that. I’m not even trying to be mean, in fact the opposite. What “facts” are you using to form this baseless opinion?