New generation of pop punk

Champ182

45 minutes ago, scoobs said:

Who do you think will be remembered from this era when people look back in a decade+?    

I'm one of the biggest Tickets to My Downfall fans out there, but people will look back on pop punk as "an early 2000s" thing and then this era as "some new artists tried mixing it in with their genres and remember when MGK made the best one of the bunch?".

That's about as far as any of this will go.  It won't and didn't revive anything, because the genre is flat out dead and it was just a nice homage moment that brought back some good nostalgia for doing it right in the current times and respect it enough for that. 

32 minutes ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

I'm one of the biggest Tickets to My Downfall fans out there, but people will look back on pop punk as "an early 2000s" thing and then this era as "some new artists tried mixing it in with their genres and remember when MGK made the best one of the bunch?".

That's about as far as any of this will go.  It won't and didn't revive anything, because the genre is flat out dead and it was just a nice homage moment that brought back some good nostalgia for doing it right in the current times and respect it enough for that. 

Respectfully disagree.  The pop punk scene is different from what it used to be yes, but thriving.  Doesn’t appeal to many of y’all in here obviously, but there’s a lot of people listening to this music on Spotify and selling out concerts.  I imagine our age group (assume we’re all 30-something’s or older) will likely never accept it, but the younger generations will remember it fondly.  Just like we do with Blink.

1 hour ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

With this sentiment, you should pay respects for the homage that Cali was then. Cali did it better. Sorry not sorry 

2 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

With this sentiment, you should pay respects for the homage that Cali was then. Cali did it better. Sorry not sorry 

No, they didn't do it well.  It was too heavily a stray from their unique sound and too like the bands that all tried to be like them, Feldmann's influence included.

Metalica Hardwired did it right.   Blink did not do that.  I'm not going to be convinced Cali/Deluxe/Nine was good, but I have my songs I like off them.

• Crab 1

Just now, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

No, they didn't do it well.  It was too heavily a stray from their unique sound and too like the bands that all tried to be like them, Feldmann's influence included.

Metalica Hardwired did it right.   Blink did not do that.  I'm not going to be convinced Cali/Deluxe/Nine was good, but I have my songs I like off them.

Alright just take this crab and let’s move on. Lol 

7 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Diddy crabs > Jan crabs if I’m being honest. Jan crabs might hold the least weight out of anyone on here.

If Jan crabs you it usually means you’re right.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I was just thinking I need to make that amendment. 100% correct. A Jan crab is an admission of defeat from Jan.

Jan’s been hitting me with the cheeseburger now since you said this. You made him very insecure about his crabs 🤣

• Haha 1