New generation of pop punk

Champ182

17 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

I don’t hate him, guess you missed the part where I said he’s living it up and I didn’t wanna spend my day bitching about him. The part that annoys me are arrogant cunts acting like he is some type of savior of pop punk and made some brilliant album. I don’t think he did, and many people agree with that. Also, making money and banging chicks is not my mantra, it sounds like you’re the one living with hate in your heart since you keep trying to take cheap personal shots at me. Let it out young man!

Guess you've changed in the last few months then because you used to wear it like a badge of honour round these parts. 

I think most people who say he is a savior of pop punk are doing so pretty tongue in cheek, what he did do was bring a dying genre back into the mainstream which is pretty cool - that's about it. 

On 6/10/2022 at 5:35 AM, ...Dan... said:

what he did do was bring a dying genre back into the mainstream which is pretty cool - that's about it. 

I can agree with this. I’m not a fan of its current iteration but it’s nice to see something alternative to the bubblegum pop and hopefully it’ll breed something a little more my tastes in the future.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thongrider said:

They're not punk enough for me. More like Man Overbored, haha. Not a single one of them has a purple Mohawk or a Bad Religion tattoo. 

Good thing this is the pop punk thread then…

On 6/12/2022 at 1:04 PM, Mr Blonde said:

I still think Man Overboard are underrated. Very solid pop punk band, the only issue I have is that both vocalists sound the same 

Never heard them, but pretty good for what they're attempting here.  They do sound the same, but doesn't bother if watching the videos.

Drummer kics ass too. Thanks for sharing.

My friends are seeing No Pressure tonight. We wanted to go for the old times' sake because we used to have so much fun seeing TSSF when they only had their first two albums out, but I can't go because I still have covid 😰

• Sad 2

17 hours ago, Elisa said:

My friends are seeing No Pressure tonight. We wanted to go for the old times' sake because we used to have so much fun seeing TSSF when they only had their first two albums out, but I can't go because I still have covid 😰

They frequently do blink covers at their live shows, definitely want to see them live.  TSSF always skips my hometown and it sucks

6 hours ago, scoobs said:

They frequently do blink covers at their live shows, definitely want to see them live.  TSSF always skips my hometown and it sucks

Last night they played Carousel and Roller Coaster 💔💔

• Love 1

I really need to check them out. I didn't know they existed and I've been waiting for new TSSF for what feels like forever. Maybe No Pressure will hold me over. Actually from the clips I've heard I feel like I could potentially like them even more than the most recent TSSF stuff.