New generation of pop punk

Champ182

9 minutes ago, Kay said:

MGK didn’t steal my girlfriend but he still sucks

MGK didn't still my girlfriend. Some low level actor did though, maybe one day I'll share more with you guys and you can help me roast that guy but for now I'm still processing and dealing with too many emotions. Lol. 

On 6/24/2022 at 3:14 PM, scoobs said:

Great news everyone!  MGK deluxe out today with 4 new songs.  why are you here is an old song he never put on an album, but otherwise new shit.  9 lives bangs.

I'm not vibing it a ton yet. Papercuts is Tickets worthy though. Emo Girl, 5150, born with horns, die in California, sid and nancy pretty solid though.

2 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Can’t trust an MGK fan, I will literally assume these dudes you post about all suck lol 

You wouldn’t be wrong … Scoobs is a cool enough poster but shit music taste. It’s mostly just bands that carbon copy the worst aspects of terrible, knock off pop punk bands.

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

You wouldn’t be wrong … Scoobs is a cool enough poster but shit music taste. It’s mostly just bands that carbon copy the worst aspects of terrible, knock off pop punk bands.

Yea scoobs is a cool dude tho I honestly felt like a dick saying that to him. But he set himself up with the “if you trust me” line. Plus I’m old, griping about new music is what I’m supposed to do 

I understand most people thinking I have bad taste, but I’m just open to new music more than most in here it appears.  

If you’re in your mid 30s, and into pop punk from our golden age, like me, I could see you liking this.

feel free to disagree but I’m gonna post the good stuff I find, hopefully it will resonate with some.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scoobs said:

I understand most people thinking I have bad taste, but I’m just open to new music more than most in here it appears.  

If you’re in your mid 30s, and into pop punk from our golden age, like me, I could see you liking this.

feel free to disagree but I’m gonna post the good stuff I find, hopefully it will resonate with some.

Hey, listen, like what you like. We are just talking shit, at the end of the day it doesn’t matter. 

8 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Hey, listen, like what you like. We are just talking shit, at the end of the day it doesn’t matter. 

I’m with ya, who cares at the end of the day?!   But… Will ya click on the new Magnolia Park EP for me?  Just try it out, dip your toes in??

It makes me sad knowing y’all just assume my recommendations are shit when girlfriends, magnolia park, Ryan Oakes, etc. are so gooooooood!!  I promise I would NOT post it here if I didn’t think a blink fan might find it interesting in 2022.

3 minutes ago, scoobs said:

I’m with ya, who cares at the end of the day?!   But… Will ya click on the new Magnolia Park EP for me?  Just try it out, dip your toes in??

Do they scream and/or do break downs in the middle of everything?

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Do they scream and/or do break downs in the middle of everything?

Negatory.  Try ‘em out.  I really love magnolia parks pop punk energy.  They’re a blast I promise. 

Still think y’all too hard on my boy MGK, gonna see him tomorrow night and pretty thrilled about it. 

7 minutes ago, scoobs said:

Negatory.  Try ‘em out.  I really love magnolia parks pop punk energy.  They’re a blast I promise. 

Still think y’all too hard on my boy MGK, gonna see him tomorrow night and pretty thrilled about it. 

I don’t think MGK is good or bad, it’s just middle of the road to me. That’s been the problem with the vast majority of the new wave pop punk, nothing stands out. I prefer the more underground bands, Copyrights, TBR, Houseboat, etc … there’s a personality there that I don’t get with the mainstream stuff. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Speedo said:

This. I ain’t mad at ya scoobs don’t take what I say seriously, I’m not trying to be mean. We’re all gonna like what we like anyways and I’m sure someone else in here will appreciate the music you post 

• Like 1