New generation of pop punk

Champ182

On 5/12/2023 at 7:00 PM, Maddey said:

I loooove it. Their stuff is such a perfect fit for my ears. On the first few listens I like the first track the best. I’ve only listened to it while driving so far and I’m looking forward to sit down and give it a proper listen.

After a week of listening I do think it’s their strongest record yet. Such a nice balance between Chris and Tades voices on this. Love all the songs. I only skip Betty because it’s the saddest fucking thing and I never wanna listen to it ever again tbh. I have one issue with this band though and that’s their ridiculous song titles. «This song is called it’s called what’s it called»??? Like COME ON what’s the point

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not very updated on punkpop, cause I always end up listening to the old shit. And I know I'm f'ing late to the thing, but I pretty much liked the latest Avril Lavigne album. I don't know any background but the songs are catchy as fuck and they have some cool melodies. Problem to me is that 'modern' punkpop, as MGK and the likes of, are just abusing production a la Feldmann, which is not my cup of tea (but I respect that). It is all a sort of deep end mess in terms of sound, a lot of mddle end mess and a lot of fireworks. There's a lot of pressence in drums and bass programmed thing. Guitars sound weird in all those records, and I'd pay to see those albums produced and recorded like if it was 2000.

Anyways...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

I'm not very updated on punkpop, cause I always end up listening to the old shit. And I know I'm f'ing late to the thing, but I pretty much liked the latest Avril Lavigne album. I don't know any background but the songs are catchy as fuck and they hace some cool melodies. Problem to me is that 'modern' punkpop, as MGK and the likes of, are just abusing production a la Feldmann, which is not my cup of tea (but I respect that). It is all a sort of deep end mess in terms of sound, a lot of mddle end mess and a lot of fireworks. There's a lot of pressence in drums and bass programmed thing. Guitars sound weird in all those records, and I'd pay to see those albums produced and recorded like if it was 2000.

Anyways...

Feldmann produced Avril's new album... just FYI lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, raw_sounds said:

Sad about Sum 41 but i think they will come back eventually.

To me the greatest pop punk of all time are

The Offspring, Green Day, blink and sum

The Big Four!

Not in that order. Are Green Day pop punk? I don’t think they are.