New generation of pop punk

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

do we even have members under 18 here? don't tell feeling_this...

time for Halsey to make a pop punk album too

Travis and MGK did the album live,   

Posted Images

8 hours ago, scoobs said:

Funny story, the lead singer of relient K has a credit on the song

so they intentionally borrowed the melody  

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Scott. said:

Not pop punk but is it me or does this sound like misery business in the chorus?

Haha I thought the same thing when I saw her play this on SNL last week. Honestly, it was cool to see a teen superstar (very) gently taking pieces of 00's pop punk vibes to the masses. She was performing with a live band and singing with a real voice and everything.

• Like 1

She’s everywhere atm. Her songs are ok  it’s just I can’t take a 17 year old singing about heartbreak seriously tbh, obviously I’m not her target audience but yeah she’s ok

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 11:08 AM, Scott. said:

She’s everywhere atm. Her songs are ok  it’s just I can’t take a 17 year old singing about heartbreak seriously tbh, obviously I’m not her target audience but yeah she’s ok

That red light green light song is honestly one of the most annoying songs I've ever heard. It reminds me of that "somebody that I used to know" shit show by Goat-ye

12 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

So Kennyhoopla's mixtape with Travis has dropped today.... Absolutely love this song!!

Me personal favorites are this one, but in particular the first track “silence is also an answer” and “smoke break.”  Travis MURDERS the drum set on silence

4 hours ago, Elisa said:

All these songs featuring T-ravis sound the same and they are NOT good. But I can't really judge right now because I've become absolutely obsessed with Bad Bunny this year haha

I haven't been overjoyed with many but I fucking love the Willow Smith one. 

That was a good song.

I mean, I'm fine with Travis and major labels parachuting solo artists into pop-punk as long as I am not expected to take it too seriously. Travis is just playing the 2020s version of the Feldy card, except that they've cut out the actual band element. It's smart and he's doing the right thing for himself + he's having fun, but I think that the Travis-Barker-based pop punk scene will never merge with the other pop-punk/punk scene. 

• Like 3