Jump to content
 

New generation of pop punk


Champ182
 Share

Recommended Posts

good 4 u is the best song on SOUR. I find it interesting that Rodrigo’s vocal style fits both pop punk-ish songs and piano ballads.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I listen to shitty music made by shitty musicians on shitty sounding recordings. I don't know, that's just my thing, I guess. Rodrigo and the others coming out don't do much for me personally but more power to them for furthering the genre. If you like it, enjoy it. Life is short, listen to what you want and dance around like a retard to it. 

I’ve never even heard of her. Guess I’m behind the times 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Haven’t heard that one yet and yes, definitely hear some Paramore in Good For You.

whoa cowboy don’t cut yourself with that edge 

You don’t have to have edge to not like shitty pop radio. Believe it or not boys and girls, there was actually a time when blink stood against and made fun of this shit. But here I am being the one made fun of on a blink board for not liking that trash. Oh the irony lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem is that not everything on pop radio is trash and automatically dismissing something because it's on pop radio is very closed-minded. You could have just as easily written blink off because some of their songs were played on pop radio.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

You don’t have to have edge to not like shitty pop radio. Believe it or not boys and girls, there was actually a time when blink stood against and made fun of this shit. But here I am being the one made fun of on a blink board for not liking that trash. Oh the irony lol

If you bought into the marketing behind blink then I have some ocean front property to sell you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also don't know who she is or the song because I too don't listen to the radio but I don't automatically assume it's trash because it's on there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Speedo said:

If you bought into the marketing behind blink then I have some ocean front property to sell you.

My point went over your head. You know blink did exist before their MTV days too, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

If you think there was ever a time when punk wasn't selling an image to all the kids ...

That’s not the discussion here. Whether you believe the Schtick or not, blink made fun of pop artists. Now I’m being made fun of for the same thing, on a blink board. That’s the irony. Quit trying to look too deep into and trying to give me a lesson that I already am aware of, thank you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Speedo said:

If you think there was ever a time when punk wasn't selling an image to all the kids ...

Totally irrelevant but good work 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Patient #48273 said:

It's really embarrassing that someone in his 30s cares so much about cred.

Lol I don’t care about cred where the fuck did I say that? I just know that if music is on the radio it generally is generic, soulless and sucks ass. I’m by far not alone on that assessment. This has nothing to do with cred, Speedo is just trying to take it that route 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

My point went over your head. You know blink did exist before their MTV days too, right?

It didn't go over my head at all and I do know that. They also had no qualms with being as big as possible, they were never about keeping it underground.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Kay said:

I also don't know who she is or the song because I too don't listen to the radio but I don't automatically assume it's trash because it's on there. 

Well that’s the difference between me and you, I do assume it’s trash if it’s on popular radio today. Absolutely without question. Every blue moon we’ll get an Adele or someone who is actually talented and has soul, but 99 times out of 100 it’s some bullshit that gets forgotten within 2 years 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

It didn't go over my head at all and I do know that. They also had no qualms with being as big as possible, they were never about keeping it underground.

When the fuck did I ever start talking about cred or underground? I simply said I reject pop radio of today. And that at a time blink made fun of it too (which is 100% true and it doesn’t matter that they were part of that same pop radio-I’m well aware of that, thanks for trying to step in an correct me tho thou holy one). This was never some punk rock credibility discussion 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FAPLORD said:

When the fuck did I ever start talking about cred or underground? I simply said I reject pop radio of today. This was never some punk rock credibility discussion 

Why do you reject pop radio of today, but not of the '90s?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

That’s not the discussion here. Whether you believe the Schtick or not, blink made fun of pop artists. Now I’m being made fun of for the same thing, on a blink board. That’s the irony. Quit trying to look too deep into and trying to give me a lesson that I already am aware of, thank you 

The band got with a director who thought it was a good idea to make a video mocking boy bands and assorted pop acts of the time. The band, by their own admission, thought it was a terrible idea. It worked. Thus, the "not your sisters radio-friendly pop shtick" was marketed to the masses. Blink had no qualms with writing pop hits, just because they did so on guitar doesn't mean it was written to be earworms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Patient #48273 said:

Why do you reject pop radio of today, but not of the '90s?

I was younger and dumber 20+ years ago? As well I don’t believe Spotify and YouTube existed to give me all the music I need at my own fingertips. I don’t understand why anyone would even waste their time with radio and listening to what someone else is telling them to listen to. The whole idea is extremely outdated and I’m just not down with it. That doesn’t mean I care about cred, good music is good music. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Well that’s the difference between me and you, I do assume it’s trash if it’s on popular radio today. Absolutely without question. Every blue moon we’ll get an Adele or someone who is actually talented and has soul, but 99 times out of 100 it’s some bullshit that gets forgotten within 2 years 

Is the reason you're unknown because you're refusing to sellout all your talent?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Lol I don’t care about cred where the fuck did I say that? I just know that if music is on the radio it generally is generic, soulless and sucks ass. I’m by far not alone on that assessment. This has nothing to do with cred, Speedo is just trying to take it that route 

I mean, having an army of pretentious edgelords backing your poor argument doesn't exactly seal a victory. It's just stupid thinking on your (and their part). There's little worse than the aversion to something because it's popular ... its almost as bad as the musicians who whinge on about the "art man".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...