New generation of pop punk

Champ182

2 hours ago, Kay said:

To be fair, being able to play guitar is pretty common, as instruments go it's quite vanilla. More affordable, mobile, versatile. I imagine he meant boring more like "run of the mill" 

Just about everyone play the guitar in some capacity these days, that is true

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

15 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Just about everyone play the guitar in some capacity these days, that is true

Hogwash. Don’t let MGK’s phony act fool you. Guitar sales and the amount of people who actually play guitar are both way lower than it’s ever been, and it’s not even close or debatable. 

2 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

You can be hogwash!

To be fair, your reality is not wrong either. In your world, a lot of people I’m sure do play guitar at some capacity. But you reside in this pop punk bubble. The majority of the world doesn’t lol 

1 minute ago, FAPLORD said:

To be fair, your reality is not wrong either. In your world, a lot of people I’m sure do play guitar at some capacity. But you reside in this pop punk bubble. The majority of the world doesn’t lol 

What is my world? What pop punk bubble? What the hell are you talking about my guy?

7 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Hogwash. Don’t let MGK’s phony act fool you. Guitar sales and the amount of people who actually play guitar are both way lower than it’s ever been, and it’s not even close or debatable. 

Guitar sales aren't even the lowest they've been in the last 3 years, let alone it's entire history. Hell, Fender, had the most sales in it's entire history last year. Quit talking out of your ass.

4 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

20/20 is probably the most eclectic person here, the last person to be in a pop punk bubble ... you really should at least try to get to know the people here before you try to dish out sick burns.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

What is my world? What pop punk bubble? What the hell are you talking about my guy?

I mean you’re here on a blink board. I meant you’re in the same bubble as me. It wasn’t an attack. I’m just saying people outside of our interests tend to not give a fuck about guitars, that’s all. 

8 minutes ago, Speedo said:

20/20 is probably the most eclectic person here, the last person to be in a pop punk bubble ... you really should at least try to get to know the people here before you try to dish out sick burns.

I wasn’t burning him! Geez all I meant was that he likes guitar music obviously , like me, so we tend to see more people with guitars. Whereas someone who only enjoys rap music, or opera, or whatever (insert music without guitars), would be less apt to perceive the world as having a bunch of guitarists. I was only trying to be agreeable with him, so I’m not gonna argue about this lol 

1 minute ago, FAPLORD said:

I wasn’t burning him! Geez all I meant was that he likes guitar music obviously , like me, so we tend to see more people with guitars. Whereas someone who only enjoys rap music, or opera, or whatever (insert music without guitars), would be less apt to perceive the world as having a bunch of guitarists. I was only trying to be agreeable with him, so I’m not gonna argue about this lol 

Careful, you'll go back in time!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Guitar sales aren't even the lowest they've been in the last 3 years, let alone it's entire history. Hell, Fender, had the most sales in it's entire history last year. Quit talking out of your ass.

Might have been talking a little out of my ass here. I swear I just read something about how guitar sales were historically low though. Maybe it was before Quarantine. I’ll show myself the door but I’m gonna let it hit my ass on the way out!

3 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

You have betrayed your instrument 

I play a lot of instruments. Guitar is my main but I know enough about music to know that it's pretty fucking common. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kay said:

I play a lot of instruments. Guitar is my main but I know enough about music to know that it's pretty fucking common. 

I know. What’s up with everybody man. I’ve been joking around, being friendly and agreeable, and everyone’s just got their pants up their ass today I guess. Sheesh 

14 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

I know. What’s up with everybody man. I’ve been joking around, being friendly and agreeable, and everyone’s just got their pants up their ass today I guess. Sheesh 

It's super hard to tell when you're being goofy or when you're being serious. My apologies. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 4:16 PM, Patient #48273 said:

Brutal is good too. More grunge/riot grrrl than pop punk though.

Heard Brutal yesterday. So good. Brutal and Good for You need to branch off and be something else. Maybe she needs a band?

• Like 2

Doesn't look like they "had to" give them credits. It seemed to be a proactive measure to prevent a potential lawsuit. I think it's different enough that it shouldn't be considered plagiarism, but basically everyone heard the similarities, so it was probably wise.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Doesn't look like they "had to" give them credits. It seemed to be a proactive measure to prevent a potential lawsuit. I think it's different enough that it shouldn't be considered plagiarism, but basically everyone heard the similarities, so it was probably wise.

So what you’re saying is they had to do it to get away from a lawsuit!? 

Jokes aside, I have only heard it in passing but I don’t really understand it tbh, yeah they’re somewhat similar, but not plagiarism similar imo. I mean it’s not like it’s on the level of Green Day’s Mötley Crue plagiarisms in jesus of suburbia to take one example