New generation of pop punk

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

do we even have members under 18 here? don't tell feeling_this...

time for Halsey to make a pop punk album too

Travis and MGK did the album live,   

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Slipperypoofromsombrero said:

we all want

no. non. nein. niet. 

poor guy can't catch a break. first his playing supposedly sucks. then he gets blamed for the sound guy fucking up.

i take a kemper thats too low in the YouTube mix over a nasally and obnoxiously loud non mic'ed vox anyday. 

MGK's new songs are just boring for me. My Bloody Valentine is just ok. That one he did with black bear or whatever is an interesting song but it's not the kinda song I'd listen to. That Concert for Aliens song is just utter trash. Nearly every blink song since Feldman has been the producer are better than all 3 MGK's new tracks IMO.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Slipperypoofromsombrero said:

So how is everyone going to feel when Matt’s out and MGK is in? 😂

I will sacrifice a virgin and drink a goats/speedos blood out of its anus in protest. 

• Like 1
Just now, Nosferatu said:

MGK's new songs are just boring for me. My Bloody Valentine is just ok. That one he did with black bear or whatever is an interesting song but it's not the kinda song I'd listen to. That Concert for Aliens song is just utter trash. Nearly every blink song since Feldman has been the producer are better than all 3 MGK's new tracks IMO.

That’s what I’m saying. Boring. Not bumping that in the car or pogo-ing in a crowd. I called it flat, but maybe boring is the better way to say it. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Slipperypoofromsombrero said:

Definitely agree with that. 

How? Gets paid a million dollars to learn some blink 182 songs and pretend to like it and he can't even do that.  can't really defend him for that.  The albums they're releasing? Sure, not really anything he has control over or likely any input

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Slipperypoofromsombrero said:

That’s what I’m saying. Boring. Not bumping that in the car or pogo-ing in a crowd. I called it flat, but maybe boring is the better way to say it. 

I definitely do think he has potential though. His voice works for pop punk. At least it's not that kinda pop punk voice that some bands have been doing since 2005 and onwards. The songs are just weak asf to me though. I would appreciate I Think I'm OK a lot more if it wasn't for the Young Blood dude. He's just like a shit stain on the wall and ruins every song he features in.

• Haha 1
Just now, Jan's Plan said:

How? Gets paid a million dollars to learn some blink 182 songs and pretend to like it and he can't even do that.  can't really defend him for that.  The albums they're releasing? Sure, not really anything he has control over or likely any input

Blink is notorious for not rehearsing/practicing at all. I think he does a great job of pretending to like it. I think a lot of the poor sound (which I hear from YouTube viewers and not so much from people at the shows) is due to the fact that he’s turned down so much and trying to play along with a backing track. A backing track doesn’t go slightly out of tune as the song goes, and god forbid you make a split second mistake with a backing track playing. That’s what makes it sound so bad. When I saw them, I thought he sounded pretty good both times, but there were definitely muddy areas. We probably wouldn’t even notice little mistakes if there wasn’t a perfect backing track through the PA the whole time. Put most bands live performances layered on top of their recording and they’ll sound like shit. He still sounds good with Trio, so again the blame has to go back to whoever is in charge. 

On 9/2/2020 at 7:48 AM, Depf said:

E----7-----5-----4----

B-------5-----5-----5.

+ tattooed drummer = poppunk

get with the program speedo!

edit : actually there is good new poppunk out there 

I don't mind the Bombpops, but man did they steal that intro bass riff from Don't Forget Me by the RHCP. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 7:07 PM, Adrianm14 said:

11, most of it is really good. Theres a few im gonna have to give a few listens. The one with Halsey RIPS tho. I love it. 

'forget me too' is incredible.

Whole album is solid, people who like the poppier side of pop punk going to find a lot to like here.  Feels like the natural evolution of pop punk given where the rest of pop went over the last decade.  Travis is so talented man.

• Like 1