Ā 

New generation of pop punk

Champ182

4 hours ago, Scott. said:

so you lot think they sound like Blink, Good Charlotte, NFG etc šŸ¤£ absolute nonsenseĀ 

The first Green Day track I remember hearing was Welcome To Paradise and it has more in common with Blink and GC than it does the Ramones or the Sex Pistols.

5 hours ago, Scott. said:

so you lot think they sound like Blink, Good Charlotte, NFG etc šŸ¤£ absolute nonsenseĀ 

If Green Day was pop punk in 1990 and influenced GC and NFG, why would it matter if those bands sound like GD or not?

1 hour ago, SandChannel said:

The first Green Day track I remember hearing was Welcome To Paradise and it has more in common with Blink and GC than it does the Ramones or the Sex Pistols.

Ramones are basically pop punk as well.

14 hours ago, Scott. said:

Are they? I think theyā€™re more punk rock. Wouldnā€™t say thereā€™s anything poppy about green day tbhĀ 

Yeah, I see them as that. Probably they are more 'edgy' (so to say), or closer to the punk side than pop than more modern punkpop bands, but definitely they are punk pop, as Ramones are considered punkpop too. And Green Day were basically a Ramones clone.

• 2 weeks later...

Green Day is pop-punk just like Screeching Weasel, The Queers. Punk Rock would be Bad Religion, Rancid

Green Day didnt fit well into early 2000`s pop punk, but they hold the pop punk flag for sure.

Pop Punk Big Four:

1. Green Day

2. blink -182

3. The Offspring

4. Sum 41

To me, there is no doubt

On 6/9/2023 at 2:19 PM, thongrider said:

I think people our generation just seem to think pop punk is some terrible genre that started in the 00s.

Blink is where I draw the line with pop punk. All the bands that came after them are absolute shit. The mimicked whiny voice bands can all get in the binĀ 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TimTom said:

Blink is where I draw the line with pop punk. All the bands that came after them are absolute shit. The mimicked whiny voice bands can all get in the binĀ 

I think I agree on that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, raw_sounds said:

Green Day is pop-punk just like Screeching Weasel, The Queers. Punk Rock would be Bad Religion, Rancid

Green Day didnt fit well into early 2000`s pop punk, but they hold the pop punk flag for sure.

Pop Punk Big Four:

1. Green Day

2. blink -182

3. The Offspring

4. Sum 41

To me, there is no doubt

The good stuff!

• Love 1

18 hours ago, Shit Poster said:

Three new Kenny Hoopla/Travis Barker songs just dropped today, going to check ā€˜em out this afternoonĀ 

Theyā€™re very good per usual. Ā KennyHoopla and Travis work really well together. Ā This is my favorite

Ā 

56 minutes ago, Rickay said:

Seeing these guys next week, very excited

Ā 

Have you heard of Militarie Gun? The album that came out a few weeks ago is pretty nice and their sound reminds me of Anxious.Ā Ā 

Ā 

3 hours ago, Elisa said:

Have you heard of Militarie Gun? The album that came out a few weeks ago is pretty nice and their sound reminds me of Anxious.Ā Ā 

Ā 

I havenā€™t but I will check them out, thanks!Ā 
Ā 

Ā