Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag (2020)

Nosferatu

7 hours ago, daveyjones said:

i had never heard of this song before. both versions are terrible. the newer one is slightly worse, i will give it that.

I have to crab you for that. It was *everywhere* and the original is fucking brilliant. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

How have you never heard this song? it was absolutely everywhere in the early 00's.

i think we went over this when i heard "skater boy" months back for the first time. i stopped listening to radio in 1994, and dropped TV in 1999. this is another song from the 00s that i just had no way of hearing. basically until youtube came around in 2006-2007, i had no way to be exposed to mainstream music. once every single band starting putting their videos and singles up (this was around 2009-2010) i started catching lots more stuff. like, i would hear of katy perry or ke$ha on youtube first.

but from 2000–2009 it's a black hole for me in terms of "it was everywhere."

8 hours ago, Kay said:

I have to crab you for that. It was *everywhere* and the original is fucking brilliant. 

it's so slowwwwwww and proddingggggggg especially the lead riffffffff

8 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I never heard the song back then, only sometime recently I stumbled into this horrible song 

again @Diddy Faplord has my back. a.) i'm not the only one and b.) the song sucks

• Love 1

Yeah, it's definitely one of those nostalgic songs for me and that's why I like it. I do feel like they've had better songs though. These are the two below that I think are better songs (ignore the weird cuts on the curse word parts). Teenage Dirtbag is just more one of those tracks I'll sing along to if I hear it but not go out of my way to listen to it.

Lol @daveyjones sounds like me and my black hole of music. Except 94 was about the year I STARTED the radio and 99 when we had MTv/cable again for a brief period. My black hole is from like 2005 to 2015...but even then, I don't listen to the radio much now or do much new stuff. It's usually just offshoots of old groups or just happenstance/someone I care enough about is really insisting I listen lol

But I definitely know Teenage Dirtbag! It was this and Dammit among others on the first ever mix CD I had. :D Haven't listened to the new version yet though. God, 20 years though. F! I mean, there have been other anniversaries, but this one is where it's really starting to impact me. Lol At the same time, I love that I'm no longer the only "old frat on a forum". That's not to just davey, but a lot of us here. 

• 2 weeks later...

@daveyjones

Im probably wrong but i think that song by wheatus would be more up your street, fast tempo and probably my favourite wheatus song...

A band that got completely screwed after their success by sony, that their next album basically didnt get any promotion and they are playing small venues here in the uk most years...

They came to by university in 2006 ill always love them, seen them 5 times...

50 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

@daveyjones

Im probably wrong but i think that song by wheatus would be more up your street, fast tempo and probably my favourite wheatus song...

A band that got completely screwed after their success by sony, that their next album basically didnt get any promotion and they are playing small venues here in the uk most years...

They came to by university in 2006 ill always love them, seen them 5 times...

fast pop punk tempo, but glossy glam-rock journey-like production. and the vox sound like teenage girls!

28 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

fast pop punk tempo, but glossy glam-rock journey-like production. and the vox sound like teenage girls!

You had an awkward boner too, huh? You know, in a weird way, that almost kind of makes us eskimo brothers.