DUNE 2020

Ghent

https://www.ign.com/articles/dune-review

IGN gave it a 7/10. They’re usually pretty lenient and give out good scores for sci fi movies since most of the journalists are nerds there, so this is a bit surprising. Sounds like the main issue is the latter half and leaving too many loose threads for the second film to address.

• Wow 1

I’ve read and listened to hours worth of reviews and I have no reason to think that this movie won’t be everything I was hoping for.

Whether it makes a dent on pop culture is a different question. If it flops, then I think we’re safe to say Dune is an unadaptable project. Im pretty confident that the people involved in this couldn’t be any more committed to getting right. If this one fails, then enjoy the books and move on because the stage was set perfectly here.

The source material is so insanely dense and complicated that honestly, it will be amazing if they pull it off. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Speedo said:

I restarted the book again last night, alittle over 100 pages in so far ... I have a week to finish it.

Well the movie only covers the first half of the book so you should be fine!

• Like 1