Against Me!

Speedo

3 minutes ago, Depf said:

honest question: is laura on hormones ? her voice seems quite different to earlier releases. 

I know she was at one point, although, I seem to recall something about them fucking with her and she had to stop taking them.

29 minutes ago, Speedo said:

These songs were apparently supposed to be the next Against Me! album but because of the pandemic that all fell apart ... kind of glad about that, I can't see these as Against Me! songs.

I feel like I can. Which is why I think i like them. It feels like what I like about how she writes unlike what TDM was.

• Like 1

I wonder if they'd be better as full AM songs because they're super simple and dull as solo numbers. Maybe filled out they'd work better. 

8 hours ago, Depf said:

honest question: is laura on hormones ? her voice seems quite different to earlier releases. 

Honestly I've felt her voice hasn't changed much considering. It definitely alters voices and takes years to bed in hormones wise, so I can see why she'd opt not to as a vocalist. 

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

I don't know, Kay, people really seem to enjoy it. 

I'm sure they do, and im not calling it hot garbage or anything, I'm just saying it doesn't really do anything for me because there's really not much going on. 

10 minutes ago, Kay said:

I'm sure they do, and im not calling it hot garbage or anything, I'm just saying it doesn't really do anything for me because there's really not much going on. 

Well that's just dandy, its ALWAYS about you!

• 6 months later...

So idk if any of you guys have cameo, but the boys in my band paid for one for me with Laura Jane Grace. They told her about our song that has a verse about her in it and how it's hit 20k streams on Spotify and she was so lovely about it and played me a song and I cried a bunch. 

I got good boys. 

https://v.cameo.com/e/BTBhrkKssfb

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Kay said:

So idk if any of you guys have cameo, but the boys in my band paid for one for me with Laura Jane Grace. They told her about our song that has a verse about her in it and how it's hit 20k streams on Spotify and she was so lovely about it and played me a song and I cried a bunch. 

I got good boys. 

https://v.cameo.com/e/BTBhrkKssfb

Holy shit thats so cool! 

• Love 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...