First Date single (mandela effect wtf?)

thongrider

5 minutes ago, Mard_Smartiest_Blinkfan said:

i think the odds are higher that its a false memory that has a level of complexity to it

but its not impossible that they had some rare release that maybe had only be released in the country that u saw it in

blink was rather huge at the time and it was right before the youtube days and beyond

so singles like that were important for bands so if they had a chance to put out something they tought the fans would like

they would often do

I have a theory that I found it in 2002 was excited, but couldn't afford it and next time it was gone and after that I'd have nightmares I'd find the single, but it had "Voyeur" on instead. 

1 minute ago, thongrider said:

I have a theory that I found it in 2002 was excited, but couldn't afford it and next time it was gone and after that I'd have nightmares I'd find the single, but it had "Voyeur" on instead. 

great possibilities

growing ive had things like that, that i couldnt remember if they had happen to me or if i had dreamt them 

1 hour ago, vic vinegar said:

Do you like Voyeur or M+M's better outta sheer curiosity?

that's an interesting question. on the one hand, i'm a total deep cut snob. i never want to hear the singles played live.  so voyeur 100%. it's a sentimental track too, because they introduced it to the set before dude ranch came out. it was on the setlist all summer 97. then they dropped it from the set (though it came back on the "mark tom and travis show" tour.

however "M+M's" is soooooo iconic for me. a cornerstone of my high school years. buying cheshire cat at the show and then playing the CD in the car on the drive home, the one-two punch for falling in love with blink was "carousel" followed by "M+M's." and having the video on the cinema beer goggles VHS (fall 1995, original shootout version) and watching it over and over and over again. burned into my memory. by the time i saw the premiere of the "dammit" on MTV (120 minutes), i had watched that video for "M+M's" like six thousand times.

so probably "M+M's."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thongrider said:

I seriously doubt they'd put out like two copies of a special single in Norway, so if it exists it must be released in some other country. 

@twentytwenty or other swedes have you seen this single in Sweden ? 

Are there other Swedes here?

To the question no.. But to be fair I only remember I've seen the All The Small Things single lmao (that I bought), it had a live version of Dumpweed on it if I recall right. 

But I'm afraid that I can't help you with this one though

17 hours ago, daveyjones said:

that's an interesting question. on the one hand, i'm a total deep cut snob. i never want to hear the singles played live.  so voyeur 100%. it's a sentimental track too, because they introduced it to the set before dude ranch came out. it was on the setlist all summer 97. then they dropped it from the set (though it came back on the "mark tom and travis show" tour.

however "M+M's" is soooooo iconic for me. a cornerstone of my high school years. buying cheshire cat at the show and then playing the CD in the car on the drive home, the one-two punch for falling in love with blink was "carousel" followed by "M+M's." and having the video on the cinema beer goggles VHS (fall 1995, original shootout version) and watching it over and over and over again. burned into my memory. by the time i saw the premiere of the "dammit" on MTV (120 minutes), i had watched that video for "M+M's" like six thousand times.

so probably "M+M's."

That's legit. I swear at one point I saw the full version of M+M's video with the room full of water and the shoot-out but haven't been able to dig it up ever since. Maybe it's another mandela effect...

7 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

That's legit. I swear at one point I saw the full version of M+M's video with the room full of water and the shoot-out but haven't been able to dig it up ever since. Maybe it's another mandela effect...

yea the underwater stuff is from the first, abandoned "josie" video. i'm only in the second one, at the high school, so i was spared getting wet!

there is a super short clip of it on vimeo. the uncut "M+M's" is on youtube.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, daveyjones said:

yea the underwater stuff is from the first, abandoned "josie" video. i'm only in the second one, at the high school, so i was spared getting wet!

there is a super short clip of it on vimeo. the uncut "M+M's" is on youtube.

Ohhhh wait, so i saw 2 different videos and meshed them into one? I definitely saw clips of the water video but saw the full shootout video once upon a time. Thanks for clearing the air!