Animaniacs reboot

M!ke

Anyone else excited for this?  Granted, I grew up alongside the original series, but man did I love it, and I'd argue it was probably the first major cartoon (in my lifetime) to create content both appealing to children (and adults) but with plenty of jokes that would go over the childrens' heads, they really were the original Looney Tunes of the 90's.  Like I don't think there would be Spongebob without Animaniacs (or without Rocko's Modern Life, I'm well aware of the crossover of talent there), and of course without Spongebob, there wouldn't be a lot of the cartoons we've seen since or have today either.  On the heels of this reboot releasing this month, is news that a Tiny Toons reboot is in the works as well (though they'll be aged up there), so it would seem that these classic 90's WB cartoons are all being revitalized, Pinky and the Brain included with Animaniacs, maybe Freakzoid could be on the agenda too, though that series wasn't nearly as popular, I'd argue it had some of the funniest moments of the bunch.  Regardless, can not wait for November 20th.

I liked this show a lot as a kid, but I don't particularly miss it. I probably won't be watching but I think it's cool for the people who are more nostalgic for it. I don't find myself going back to my favorite childhood cartoons almost ever no matter how much I loved them as a kid. Maybe I'll watch one episode of Spongebob a year or something but for whatever reason childhood cartoons aren't something I find myself missing too much.

5 hours ago, Speedo said:

Tiny Toons was better.

Then good news, that's getting a reboot too, though they'll be slightly aged up and in toon college or whatever.  Though they only announced this like within the last week, so don't expect to see that come to fruition for a few years.  Makes me wonder if Freakazoid is on the agenda too.

5 hours ago, M!ke said:

Then good news, that's getting a reboot too, though they'll be slightly aged up and in toon college or whatever.  Though they only announced this like within the last week, so don't expect to see that come to fruition for a few years.  Makes me wonder if Freakazoid is on the agenda too.

I am 34.

4 hours ago, Speedo said:

I am 34.

Mmhmm, and?  I get that we all grow out of certain things, but not all of us do, hell I'll still watch classic Looney Tunes segments every now and then, and I certainly still play my fair share of the video games I grew up on.  I get that this shit isn't for you, but I don't think being an adult means that everyone can no longer enjoy things from their childhood.

4 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Mmhmm, and?  I get that we all grow out of certain things, but not all of us do, hell I'll still watch classic Looney Tunes segments every now and then, and I certainly still play my fair share of the video games I grew up on.  I get that this shit isn't for you, but I don't think being an adult means that everyone can no longer enjoy things from their childhood.

I mean, I watch the cartoons my kids watch ... I don't have any particular desire to watch cartoons on my own.

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I mean, I watch the cartoons my kids watch ... I don't have any particular desire to watch cartoons on my own.

That's cool, I respect that, I never truly grew out of the good ones though personally.  I mean I haven't watched Animaniacs since I was a child, but I definitely do wanna check out the reboot.