Kayleigh Morgan "Innocence" (Produced by twentytwenty)

Kay

Okay so, I wrote a song a few months back, did a crap live video of it, put it on facebook, and @twentytwenty begged me to record it at home so he could produce it.

I said sure, did a rough home recording, and he managed to make it sound way nicer than it should have.

It's out today. if you want a super slow maudling song about child abuse and the sexualisation of women, then, uh, check it out?

https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/kayleighmorgan/innocence

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I've liked this song since the first listen on that fb video, liked it even more after we were done with the single. And though it's *just* an acoustic track, I believe that it's the best comeback single you could have chose for you as a solo artist as it captures all of your strengths as an artist. Too bad you didn't have the time to do a video for it though

1 hour ago, twentytwenty said:

I've liked this song since the first listen on that fb video, liked it even more after we were done with the single. And though it's *just* an acoustic track, I believe that it's the best comeback single you could have chose for you as a solo artist as it captures all of your strengths as an artist. Too bad you didn't have the time to do a video for it though

Seriously I had plans, the accidental puppy drop just wrecked all ability to get anything done. It's a miracle when I can get dishes done with this tiny furball disaster running around. 

When she's older, and the pandemic is done with, and I'm gainfully employed again, me and you are gonna do an EP. I am determined. 

15 minutes ago, Kay said:

Seriously I had plans, the accidental puppy drop just wrecked all ability to get anything done. It's a miracle when I can get dishes done with this tiny furball disaster running around. 

When she's older, and the pandemic is done with, and I'm gainfully employed again, me and you are gonna do an EP. I am determined. 

I'll be waiting! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

Have you gotten any feedback on the release@Kay ?

A small review and friends loving it but nothing else. I contacted a lot of places for reviews ages ago but sadly no responses bar one. 

4 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

Ah that sucks. It's great that your friends love it though

Yeah I've had overwhelmingly positive responses from family and friends. It's a little different to my usual solo songs and I think it caught some by surprise. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Some of my friends liked the song and your voice, so you got some feedback from Sweden as well @Kay

Aw that's lovely, thanks for sharing! I saw some Swedish plays on my Spotify data. 

• 2 weeks later...