The Original Buddha Tape Mystery

I mentioned 

7 hours ago, mitchell_gross said:

Just a thought on the sticker one - if Kung Fu had the original masterings, and we know the Buddha Promo tape has a similar sticker, could Kung Fu have produced the sticker ones prior to the CD release? 

I had a similar thought and discussed this with @daveyjones, since those white tape stickers are about as generic and common as it gets we don’t think it’s wise to assume any correlation.

Also the fonts don’t match and if Kung Fu owned Buddha at that point I don’t think they’d put “Filter Records” on the tape still.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a blink-182 collector, one of the most sought after items you can own is an original "Buddha" cassette tape. They recorded this in January 1994 at Doubletime Studios and released it through a frien

sure. here is my insert (quality downsampled to prevent bootlegging): my tape: me holding my tape: standing up: actual pic on scanner glass, SIDE 1: a

i think it's super important to keep referring to mark's response that literally says "we changed the ink and cassette color a bunch." someone making a fake would most likely try to keep it as cl

1 hour ago, mitchell_gross said:

My white label copy is numbered at the top too… just would like to have a definitive answer on real vs fake! I think I’ve seen at least one other white label with numbered tops - so at least its consistent 

https://postimg.cc/N2kDKCtY

Interesting, wonder if that is a model number of the cassette case or what? Not sure, but will keep an eye out!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, mitchell_gross said:

My white label copy is numbered at the top too… just would like to have a definitive answer on real vs fake! I think I’ve seen at least one other white label with numbered tops - so at least its consistent 

https://postimg.cc/N2kDKCtY

you can ship it to me insured and i will rip it to lossless and check and then ship it back. that's what i've done for @wastingtime

• Love 1