Fave non-christmas films that make you feel Christmassy?

Kay

1 minute ago, Tom Bot said:

Quote me on where I was unreasonable, rather than your crappy spin on things. I like that your rebuttal is that you shouldn’t be taken seriously; at least that helps explain your posting history here! 

Defending an inherently subjective opinion on a movie is not unreasonable, contrary to your guys’ warped views.

people are usually nuanced enough to detect sarcasm when I low-brow post compared to when I am actually putting effort into a topic. 

Gremlins vs. Krampus is not one of those topics.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

people are usually nuanced enough to detect sarcasm when I low-brow post compared to when I am actually putting effort into a topic. 

Gremlins vs. Krampus is not one of those topics.

This whole thing was fucking dumb, we can all agree on that. The reasons for it being dumb are really the only dispute. My recall is this:

Ghent: Krampus is great/perfect 

Me: Really? I thought it was pretty mediocre even though I was excited about the subject matter and cast.

Ghent: nope it’s perfect, you’re wrong.

You: sarcastic rebuttal about how we’re on a high horse for saying it was mediocre/average and Gremlins was better for that style of Christmas movie.

Me: you guys always ridicule opposing views because you seemingly can’t handle diverging opinions on things you like.

Anything after that is just mud slinging and bullshit. I don’t think I was unreasonable for expressing an opinion on a movie lol. Such a snowflake argument.

9 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

This whole thing was fucking dumb, we can all agree on that. The reasons for it being dumb are really the only dispute. My recall is this:

Me: Really? I thought it was pretty mediocre even though I was excited about the subject matter and cast.

You: sarcastic rebuttal about how we’re on a high horse for saying it was mediocre/average and Gremlins was better for that style of Christmas movie.

Me: you guys always ridicule opposing views because you seemingly can’t handle diverging opinions on things you like.

Anything after that is just mud slinging and bullshit. I don’t think I was unreasonable for expressing an opinion on a movie lol. Such a snowflake argument.

None of this happened.

1 minute ago, Tom Bot said:

Differing opinions can coexist without people being assholes about them. That’s really the tl;dr takeaway from this 

I don't care what your opinion is about Krampus though. It's just some shitty movie I watch once a year for the lulz

You made this entire narrative up for no apparent reason

• Like 1

Just now, Ghent said:

I don't care what your opinion is about Krampus though. It's just some shitty movie I watch once a year for the lulz

You made this entire narrative up for no apparent reason

Seems like you care if you spend dozens of posts arguing over it, but ok, if you say so.

WideJampackedDrongo-size_restricted.gif

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

I've been posting calm one liners hoping that you stop replying to them for what feels like hours now

It’s fun to see you try to declare how I am feeling over text. Change your name to the arbiter of truth lol. I’m just waiting in my car to get my dog back from the vet, this whole thing has been a combination of amusing and bewildering.

35 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

Dude, chill. If you couldn't follow the movie that's fine.

• Haha 4

Speaking of Krampus, my kids are scared shitless of him. I showed them the trailer to the movie the other day (their request) and they were visibly trembling with their hands over the mouths.

They constantly ask me if he's real, like finally I'm going to cave and say no.

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Speaking of Krampus, my kids are scared shitless of him. I showed them the trailer to the movie the other day (their request) and they were visibly trembling with their hands over the mouths.

They constantly ask me if he's real, like finally I'm going to cave and say no.

Bet they listen real well now, huh?!

• Like 1