Fave non-christmas films that make you feel Christmassy?

Kay

On 12/15/2020 at 6:02 PM, Nosferatu said:

Oh the first Terminator is damn good too. Obviously it was released in the 80's but man I love all the retro 80's vibe in that movie. Even the car chase scene in that is amazing.

It also has the most amazing action scene in a movie ever:

No better way to drive the point home about the terminator being unstoppable than slaughtering an entire police station's worth of cops like it's nothing.

• Like 2

Just now, JarJarBlinks said:

that's it! the movie is a fun time with evil gingerbread men and a fun twist at the end. I want a Krampus 2.

I don't remember the twist all that well. Something about them being in a snow globe and groundhogging Christmas. 

3 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Seen posts on this thread about Gremlins. I've never seen it. I know it's hyped up to be pretty good though.

I mean, it's probably going to disappoint if you add hype to it.

I'd recommend watching a commentary version, can't remember that guys name from Texas or Memphis that is absolutely hilarious with these.

Edit: Joe Bob Briggs

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gaslit Jan said:

I mean, it's probably going to disappoint if you add hype to it.

I'd recommend watching a commentary version, can't remember that guys name from Texas or Memphis that is absolutely hilarious with these.

Edit: Joe Bob Briggs

Jan I feel like you’d be the type of guy who’d go see Monster Hunter with me. 

it’s a date. 

• Love 1

On 12/14/2020 at 5:38 PM, He Is Risen said:

Die Hard is a fun, mindless action movie. There was time in the 80's and 90's when action movies were good movies with the right amount of humor and cheese and you could just shut your brain off and enjoy them. I don't see too many of them like that today. To me the action movies today try too hard with the humor and it throws me off ... the original 3 Die Hards were good. That being said, I don't particularly understand the fanaticism that surround the first one. It's a good movie but simmer down a bit with the superlatives. 

Try Hard 2: Try Harder with CGI

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elisa said:

Die Hard was amazing, I never knew how much I was missing out on!

edit: What should I watch next of all these action movies we've been talking about? Alien and the two Terminators?

Personally I’d say watch Alien and then Aliens..they’re kind of a package deal in my mind. 

aliens is my favorite out of the two but you kind of have to watch the first one to get into the universe IMO.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Elisa said:

Die Hard was amazing, I never knew how much I was missing out on!

edit: What should I watch next of all these action movies we've been talking about? Alien and the two Terminators?

Definitely Terminators, I haven't seen Aliens in a long time but many love it. Matrix is hit or miss on the love of you haven't seen it, top 10 movie imo though and you know we have similar taste 

Terminator and Aliens are very fringe horror/thriller/suspense though, if we're gonna drop those in a list we might as well say The Thing and The Predator deserve honorable mentions as must see classics.

• Like 1
  • Love 1