BUDDHA FULL LENGTH SAMPLE CASSETTE

John Roundear

Hi, I used to sell records and back in the day I used to bu wholesale from Cargo Records that distributed Kung Fu in the U.K.The guys that worked there were great to deal with and gave me a copy of the Buddha Sample cassette tape along with a Shirt( bugeyed bunny), don't have the shirt anymore but do have the cassette! Having checked a whole load of Blink websites there seems to be a huge discussion whether this actually does exist and I can confirm it does and that I have a copy,

Never issued in a sleeve, comes in a transparent tape with printed details, both sides say

Under the Spindle

BUDDHA (FULL LENGTH) SAMPLE CASSETTE *KUNG FU RECORDS

ALL SONGS WRITTEN BY BLINK 182 AND RECORDED IN 1995

side of spindle P 1996

A side tracks

A NEW HOPE.THE GIRL NEXT DOOR.STRUNG OUT.BEN WAH BALLS

Bside tracks

DOES MY BREATH SMELL.VOYEUR.WASTING TIME.DON'T

Some of you may know me, I sold punk records for decades and always had a stall at Rebellion, and was at many gigs (usually near the bar) inc Blink 182 supporting Lagwagon in France and again in London but can't remember (due to alcohol)exactly who (but NOFX comes to mind!), I stopped selling a few years back and am in the process of sorting out the last bits and pieces and lo and behold here's the cassette, if anyone is interested in owning it, its for sale, just let me know

cheers John (Roundearnomore)

19 minutes ago, John Roundear said:

Think I got it in 1996, bear with me for photos I'm rubbish at this!

You'll have to use an image sharing site like imgbb.com or something of the like ... this board sucks when it comes to uploading photos directly. 

1 hour ago, John Roundear said:

Some of you may know me, I sold punk records for decades and always had a stall at Rebellion, and was at many gigs (usually near the bar) inc Blink 182 supporting Lagwagon in France and again in London but can't remember (due to alcohol)exactly who (but NOFX comes to mind!), I stopped selling a few years back and am in the process of sorting out the last bits and pieces and lo and behold here's the cassette, if anyone is interested in owning it, its for sale, just let me know

cheers John (Roundearnomore)

Welcome John! 

Those Lagwagon shows were in November 1997 along with Pulley 😃 

Being french, I'm super jealous that you got to see Blink play in France especially in that era and with the original line-up (was way too young to go unfortunately ...) They played in Bordeaux and in Paris on that tour and that London show was at the Astoria if I remember correctly!

well, this completely puts to rest perhaps one of the greatest mysteries surrounding the early days of the band. We definitely need a lossless rip of this. very curious as to why Kung-Fu chose to quietly issue these songs (all of which I think are Short Bus era) and not include them as bonus tracks on the Buddha reissue, or save them for another release. perhaps mark didn’t want them released? 

• Like 1

some thoughts -

cheshire cat would have been a better album with a new hope and enthused on it instead of a few weaker buddha era tracks. i'm not sure why they held those songs over for dude ranch.

dude ranch would have been a better album if they swapped a new hope and degenerate with zulu and wrecked him. however, enthused fits well on that record.

lastly, i wish blink would do something cool and re-release short bus and tctcu as 10" versions featuring all of the tracks from their respective recording sessions.

• Like 1

I've made my mp3s downloadable here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Fskz0qvdGNDBwiO0sFiP_oM5I9yUIyFK?usp=sharing

FYI my mp3s are from 2001ish I think and they are awful fucking quality. @John Roundear could you rip your tape to loseless and share? I'm really thinking your tape is the same as these mp3s I've had for years. I would love a listenable copy, especially of Voyeur. I wonder if this is the song from the DR demos that never was released. @daveyjones  @Q182 @Ry-Bread

I have an image file of the cassette itself that came with the mp3s I downloaded back then. I just uploaded it to imgur:

mYt93Gk.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1