3. New Found Glory

4. My Chemical Romance

5. NOFX

6. Ramones

7. Descendents

8. Screeching Weasel

9. The Offspring

10. Sum 41

I’d take this list but probably swap in the Menzingers (After the Party is pretty pop-punk) and Spanish Love Songs for 7 and 8 mainly because I haven’t heard much of their stuff.

• Like 1

Pop punk is such a wide umbrella, it gets hard to classify things. The fact that All Time Low, The Story So Far, and The Ramones are all pop-punk bands but sound like different genres of music is odd, it makes trying to sort any music into a specific genre confusing and annoying. A lot of bands one person would consider pop-punk, another person would not. That goes for every genre, but since we’re specifically talking pop punk in this thread, I used those examples.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Pop punk is such a wide umbrella, it gets hard to classify things. The fact that All Time Low, The Story So Far, and The Ramones are all pop-punk bands but sound like different genres of music is odd, it makes trying to sort any music into a specific genre confusing and annoying. A lot of bands one person would consider pop-punk, another person would not. That goes for every genre, but since we’re specifically talking pop punk in this thread, I used those examples.

That's the kind of argument people use when they're wrong so they don't have to be wrong! There is only one true definition of pop punk, just ask @daveyjones or me!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thongrider said:

Blink really shouldn't count, they're more like proto pop punk. Only real pop punk on this list. 

1 Busted
2 McFly
3 Three Seconds of Summer 
4 Simple Plan
5 One Direction

What's that one egg band? We should count them too.

22 hours ago, asdf182 said:

blink-182

My Chemical Romance

The Ramones

Buzzcocks

Green Day

Sum 41

Fall Out Boy

Descendents

Yellow Card

The Offspring

Hmmm this person dislikes NFG and thinks Yellowcard is a top 10 pop punk band. Is your name Clarke, by any chance?

• Wow 2

On 2/26/2021 at 11:05 AM, SpinUpSpeedo said:

I forgot about Mest, they were awful but fun ... plus the singer killed a guy, so that's cool.

Yea I liked Mest. I actually ran into the drummer on a night of drinking in Ferndale, MI a few years ago. Bought him and his new band some shots. Recognized him because I had actually ran into him at Warped Tour 2003 when Mest was playing and he signed a poster for me. Cool dude. 

56 minutes ago, Depf said:

As if anything thats more melodic than crass was poppunk.  Are bad Religion poppunk? Nofx?

Or is poppunk just mainstream friendly punk rock?

and wtf happened to the term power pop.

See, I don’t think it makes sense to put bands like Bad Religion, Ramones, and NOFX next to Simple Plan or something like that. Or even blink. It really is a different classification of music if you look at everything 

• Like 2