Top 10 Pop Punk artists all time

Jan Backing Track

3 minutes ago, blinkstillrules said:

I love octave chords. They're kinda like power chords, just omitting the 5th and muting that string, so they're not really major or minor (like a power chord isn't really major or minor) and can work for either. I can definitely think of poppy sounding songs that use. Lit's "My Own Worst Enemy" for starters. That intro is octave chords. "Feeling This" by blink. 

I submit that All the Small Things wouldn’t have been nearly the hit it was without the use of octaves after the first chorus. Made the song so much catchier 

• Like 2

Just now, Mohammad Wall-E said:

I submit that All the Small Things wouldn’t have been nearly the hit it was without the use of octaves after the first chorus. Made the song so much catchier 

You have to watch Rick Beato's video on Youtube, if you already haven't, on why this song is great when he reviews ATST. Great breakdown.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

interesting take. all the poppier bands i can think of use them. every single one. but then you're talking major keys and basic circle of fifths stuff. but you're right that bands like BR and NOFX use minor keys and chords, and pair them with progressions in more discordant ways for a darker edge. @blinkstillrules... thoughts on power octave use when you have a moment please.

Yeah I'm an idiot and was thinking of octaves needing to be minor keys for some reason, I guess the major stuff like on All The Small Things would be far from dark/edgy.

2 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

You’re a fool. It’s certainly poppy now isn’t it! You said, and I quote: “I can’t think of a poppy song with octaves.”

sit down and go on timeout 

I already admitted I got mixed up on octaves (sorry I'm not an edgelord basement dweller guitarist like yourself, are you redlittlepills by chance?)

Also All The Small Things is Pop.

It's not Pop Punk.

1 minute ago, Jan - Unofficial Moderator said:

I already admitted I got mixed up on octaves (sorry I'm not an edgelord basement dweller guitarist like yourself, are you redlittlepills by chance?)

Also All The Small Things is Pop.

It's not Pop Punk.

No shit Sherlock, why do you think I quoted you as saying “I can’t think of a poppy song with octaves”? 

me, red little pills? Lol your head must still be fucked up from that last girl that played you 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

No shit Sherlock, why do you think I quoted you as saying “I can’t think of a poppy song with octaves”? 

me, red little pills? Lol your head must still be fucked up from that last girl that played you 

You know you're a Speedo desciple when you drag things from personal sections to the main forum.

Douchey name changes.. a bit all too frequent posting, drinks and posts, keep it up! You'll be like your idol in no time!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jan - Unofficial Moderator said:

You know you're a Speedo desciple when you drag things from personal sections to the main forum.

Douchey name changes.. a bit all too frequent posting, drinks and posts, keep it up! You'll be like your idol in no time!

Lol you literally do everything you just listed...way to be self-aware Janice!

Just now, Jan - Unofficial Moderator said:

Is this a sock account?  Also, yes being self-aware is better than clueless.   Also, alcoholism is bad.

I hardly drink but thanks for the tip. Also isn’t Speedo sober for several months? Not sure what you think your angle is here 

35 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

beato breaks it down succinctly if you haven't seen it. i also love how he says "suss"

• Like 2