Top 10 Pop Punk artists all time

Jan Backing Track

33 minutes ago, Nasa said:

MSandt re: a person using a gender-neutral pronoun like they/them being silly. that comment got a like from you, too!

I still think the pronoun stuff is silly. Doesn’t mean I’m a “transphobe.”

I also am not going to pull a Peterson  ( @Patient #48273) and die on some hill alleging my freedoms are being taken away. 

edit: what Speedo said. Yuck, please don’t make me say that again. 

6 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I also am not going to pull a Peterson  ( @Patient #48273) and die on some hill alleging my freedoms are being taken away. 

right, it means you have *transphobic tendencies instead. nice self-reflection on internal biases on your end, glad we could clarify!

9 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

edit: what Speedo said. Yuck, please don’t make me say that again. 

I’m with you. I think the pronoun stuff if a little silly. But I upset my GF by saying this and kind of arguing how their gender is determined by their DNA, and she kind of got me to the understanding where they know that...but if it makes someone happy to call them their preference then what is the harm in that? So she kind of helped me open my mind a little bit and I’ll call you whatever you want with no second thoughts now! Even you Speedo, I mean ma’am! 

Just now, Mohammad Wall-E said:

I’m with you. I think the pronoun stuff if a little silly. But I upset my GF by saying this and kind of arguing how their gender is determined by their DNA, and she kind of got me to the understanding where they know that...but if it makes someone happy to call them their preference then what is the harm in that? So she kind of helped me open my mind a little bit and I’ll call you whatever you want with no second thoughts now! Even you Speedo, I mean ma’am! 

Gender is a social construct. Sex is biologically determined, but it's much more complicated than DNA.

• Like 3

It's incredibly easy to dismiss something as silly if you put no effort into actually trying to view the world from someone else's perspective. I'm glad your sister helped open your mind Speedo, and your girlfriend Diddy,and honestly @JarJarBlinks you're better than that. Come on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kay said:

It's incredibly easy to dismiss something as silly if you put no effort into actually trying to view the world from someone else's perspective. I'm glad your sister helped open your mind Speedo, and your girlfriend Diddy,and honestly @JarJarBlinks you're better than that. Come on. 

Exactly. I thought I was pretty open to everyone but i realized there is always room to grow and be more understanding 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kay said:

She didn't open my eyes, I'm just not an asshole. If I have personal dealings with you and I know and respect you then I'll call you Hot Toddy Titty Tinkler if you want me to, it's whatever. It has nothing to do with being appropriate with whatever lingo the ever changing landscape is on this minute and everything to do with me respecting that individual. Mostly, I just don't care, life is short, do whatever you want, just don't inconvenience me about it. 

2 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

The problem for me is that after the era that I wrote about, it feels like Mike lost his ability to write melodies, there's only a couple of songs that got some catchy melodies after Coaster. I know that this is all subjective but..

He saved them for Cokie! 

5 minutes ago, Kay said:

I’m very confused here. I said I agree with Speedo, and yet I have transphobic tendencies and need to do better, while he gets a pat on the back? 
I think things like Kamala Harris introducing herself as she/her onstage is silly, but I have no problem referring to anyone in any way they’d like.

I want everyone to be themselves and be happy.  Maybe you’re misconstruing my msandt like or something as endorsement of him in general? 

Just now, Mohammad Wall-E said:

Exactly. I thought I was pretty open to everyone but i realized there is always room to grow and be more understanding 

Yeah. It's quite hard for people to really practise empathy in a wider sense, and as a result I think the world needs a little bit of patience and effort on both sides. Those struggling to understand others but mean well being met with patience and calm explanation is like, the ideal way mankind can move on. But there's precious little of either on either side so we're all fucked. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kay said:

tenor.gif?itemid=17171624

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

Yeah. It's quite hard for people to really practise empathy in a wider sense, and as a result I think the world needs a little bit of patience and effort on both sides. Those struggling to understand others but mean well being met with patience and calm explanation is like, the ideal way mankind can move on. But there's precious little of either on either side so we're all fucked. 

Unfortunately I think you’re right, as far as the world being fucked. In so many ways. Sucks to think about. I try to remain optimistic but it’s hard in today’s world!

• Love 1

1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I’m very confused here. I said I agree with Speedo, and yet I have transphobic tendencies and need to do better, while he gets a pat on the back? 
I think things like Kamala Harris introducing herself as she/her onstage is silly, but I have no problem referring to anyone in any way they’d like.

I want everyone to be themselves and be happy.  Maybe you’re misconstruing my msandt like or something as endorsement of him in general? 

Oh I'm sorry, I've misunderstood. Cisgendered people telling their pronouns seems unnecessary to me too, I'd rather a world in which it's not necessary either which way, but it's being done in solidarity for those who unfortunately have to say their pronouns as they get misgendered and it's hurtful and awkward. 

I also clearly misunderstood Speedo too because his previous post reinforces he's still a bit of a cunt about it.

If your hang up is purely Cisgendered people announcing their pronouns then I get that. 

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

Oh I'm sorry, I've misunderstood. Cisgendered people telling their pronouns seems unnecessary to me too, I'd rather a world in which it's not necessary either which way, but it's being done in solidarity for those who unfortunately have to say their pronouns as they get misgendered and it's hurtful and awkward. 

I also clearly misunderstood Speedo too because his previous post reinforces he's still a bit of a cunt about it.

If your hang up is purely Cisgendered people announcing their pronouns then I get that. 

Why am I a cunt about it exactly?