Top 10 Pop Punk artists all time

Jan Backing Track

Taking Back Sunday was definitely emo but they fucking rock idc.

They all blend with pop punk bands too, you could do one of those venn diagram things to be proper. 

They also started blending with metal too with screamo.  Fuck screamo was even it started getting really bad. Speedo weren't you in a screamo band at one point?

17 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

That's not the final list, just the bands that have been mentioned the most so far. Do you not want this to be used as the nomination thread? Should we start over?

And I agree that it might be just as well to exclude Green Day.

@Wrath of Margie Whipple @JarJarBlinks I considered making genre rules, but there's no point because someone will always be annoyed. I'm just trying to go with a majority rule.

I'm in the minority, it's alright. 

3 minutes ago, Wrath of Margie Whipple said:

I'm in the minority, it's alright. 

It's totally fine if you don't want to participate, but keep in mind that my main motivation here is to give people an opportunity to argue and make fun bands they don't like. It's supposed to be fun, not a serious effort to determine the best pop punk band.

I also think it'll be totally valid if someone votes against a band they really like simply because they aren't pop punk.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I’ve never really understood what emo actually was. People would say that both my chemical romance and panic! at the disco was emo, but they don’t sound anything alike. Totally confused over this. 

To be fair, I have a very broad and dickish take on Emo lol but to me it’s just any whiny type band I don’t like. The skinny jeans wearing, weird bangs having type that I just never liked. To each their own tho I’m not trying to hate on anyone here haha 

18 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

It's totally fine if you don't want to participate, but keep in mind that my main motivation here is to give people an opportunity to argue and make fun bands they don't like. It's supposed to be fun, not a serious effort to determine the best pop punk band.

I also think it'll be totally valid if someone votes against a band they really like simply because they aren't pop punk.

I'm gonna come up with a few auto-responses telling people they're wrong along with a few over the top insults so I can just copy and paste them when I'm too incensed to respond properly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wrath of Margie Whipple said:

I'm gonna come up with a few auto-responses telling people they're wrong along with a few over the top insults so I can just copy and paste them when I'm too incensed to respond properly.

I do feel you, most of this list isn’t a pop punk list haha 

2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

I’m not going to include blink in the tournament, so here are the bands that have made quite a few lists so far:

Green Day
Sum 41
New Found Glory
The Offspring
Fall Out Boy
The Ramones
My Chemical Romance
Descendents
Screeching Weasel
NOFX
All Time Low
Alkaline Trio
Yellowcard
Rancid
Simple Plan

Anyone who hasn't submitted a list yet, go for it. The seeding will be based on how many lists each band ends up on (and after that it'll be based on which band got to that number first and any further tiebreaks will be determined by a "coin toss").

No Machine Gun Kelly??????????? Wtf???????????????????????

but for real I think Sugarcult should be in the running and The Story So Far

7 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

No Machine Gun Kelly??????????? Wtf???????????????????????

but for real I think Sugarcult should be in the running and The Story So Far

If you want them in the bracket, list your top 10 and include them and hope that at least a few other people do the same. That's how bands are being "nominated."

@Jan - Unofficial Moderator feels very strongly about Sugarcult being included, but didn't even list them in his top ten initially.

People whose lists have been counted towards nominations:

Jan
Speedo
Depf
Nasa
mahtmd
Ghent
Nosferatu
asdf182
Tom Bot
Thibaut
Scott
twentytwenty

Everyone else either hasn't posted a list (or the list was interpreted as a joke, e.g. Diddy) or it was accidentally overlooked. If you're in the latter category and want your list included, quote it and @ me.

7 minutes ago, thongrider said:

Screeching Weasel

Queers

Mr T Experience (MTX) 

Muffs

Bracket

Chixdiggit

Masked Intruder

Pansy Division 

Riverdales 

Undertones

Fuck. I forgot about Pansy Division. Dammit.

Also, Masked Intruder?!

1 minute ago, twentytwenty said:

If I put all jokes away, then the only band I've heard of on this list is Screeching Weasel, have I been living under a rock?

I've heard of half of them, but mostly through the boards. 

• Like 1