Top 10 Pop Punk artists all time

Jan Backing Track

Just now, Brad Religion said:

The shitty lyrics are sort of the point to the joke songs, they've been doing them since Smash and Ixnay.

And I should like shitty lyrics if they're on purpose? Why not listen to a band with really smart lyrics, like...I dunno....Bad Religion or something...

The problem with Offspring is they never really evolved ... Ignition, Smash, Ixnay & Americana were stellar and then they just didn't push themselves anymore ... Rise and Fall was close but ended up being forgettable. 

8 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

And I should like shitty lyrics if they're on purpose? Why not listen to a band with really smart lyrics, like...I dunno....Bad Religion or something...

The fact of how they’re written is why you’re wrong about them being like Limp Bizkit lyrics, that’s all. They’re not even remotely in the same vein. 

It's okay to just have fun and be silly, not every song should need a thesaurus and cliff notes.

Also, Bad Religion, as much as I love them, tend to fall into the same trap as bands like Anti-Flag where the politics are so overreactive and lacking nuance that it gets irksome. 

Just now, Jan - Unofficial Moderator said:

Offspring is definitely super fucking annoying I agree but they have a song here and there that are good.

Let The Bad Times roll is on repeat for me just came out yesterday.

It's been out for a week.

New Screeching Weasel is currently being recording and The Dopamines are coming out with a collection, which is pretty rad. I new about SW but had no clue about the Dopamines ... now, if only we could get The Copyrights off their ass and putting shit out I can finally get Covid and die happy.

4 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Hey I genuinely think MxPx should be on this list and I'm not saying that because they're a niche band that only I like, I think they're squarely in the tier of most of the bands we're talking about music-wise and popularity-wise.

I think Mike Herrera could have replaced Tom instead of Skiba.

He emailed back and forth with me a few times when I was in middle school lol, cool guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad Religion said:

New Screeching Weasel is currently being recording and The Dopamines are coming out with a collection, which is pretty rad. I new about SW but had no clue about the Dopamines ... now, if only we could get The Copyrights off their ass and putting shit out I can finally get Covid and die happy.

*knew

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I love Save Rock'n'roll and American Beauty/American Psycho 

can't relate haha, once they had Babyface producing tracks on Infinity on High, they lost me. i like R&B, but that's a genre mix that just didn't work for me. 

27 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

pReTtY fLy FoR a WhItE gUy KeEp Em SePaRaTeD

*fred durst screams as he turns his red baseball hat backwards*

This alone got that dumb ass song going in my head. So annoying, go away Offspring

• Like 1
  • Haha 2