Top 10 Pop Punk artists all time

Jan Backing Track

3 minutes ago, Depf said:

what?! But MGK (whose effort I genuinely respect, but come on. Thats one album. Give the man credit for bringing guitar and drums back to pop but let's calm our tits here) and Screeching Weasel (who are nowhere near as pop(-ular) as goldfinger) made the list?

oh well.

Whoever had the idea for this tournament just wants to watch the board burn.

I think people just don't view Goldfinger as pop punk I guess?  I'm not sure, because Here in your bedroom/Goldfinger, Hangups, Stomping Ground days were some serious elite shit.  Like I would consider them top 3 of this countdown.

• Like 1

Just now, Mohammad Wall-E said:

I remember the days of having to find your friends’ Dad’s Hustlers very well. I also remember stumbling upon one of my friend’s Mom’s huge box of dildos 😂

I remember my friend yelling to make sure the house was clear, only to have his grandma walk by because she couldn't hear.

I was not there, but always my favorite story.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Depf said:

My black book is for cool dudes and you're already in there.

Disclaimer : i have absolutely nothing against simple plan. I don't know their music at all.

But I am quite big on goldfinger. So maybe exchange simple plan for good charlotte or whatever ;)

I really like goldfinger as well, they would have been in my next five bands to add to the list, I’m a really big fan of Feldmann in general as well.

I’m just shocked that no one besides me put Millencolin on their lists

10 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Yeah, she did that. She also changed my name to that, but I changed it back. Then I was banned from changing my name lol. She has a long history of abusing power

Btw, 2 of those bands did @Patient #48273

I changed your username, but I haven't done anything to prevent you from changing your name.

And I didn't put Feeling Kids in your profile. It's there because it's your user group, like how it says "members" under most people's profiles pics. This is the feature that bans you from other sections and it was implemented and named by @Ghent.

And none of the bands on the list were nominated by just one person, meaning someone else (Speedo, in both cases, I believe) nominated them as well.

27 minutes ago, Depf said:

because they are  not the same genre as the others. and i'm late to the party

They're euro skatepunk gods and pennybridge pioneers is every bit as important as punk in drublic.

on to the vote! team millencolin/goldfinger here

Yeah, I love Millencolin and I've seen them live so many times over the years, but I just would never list them as pop punk. Same with NOFX, Bad Religion, Lagwagon, NUFAN etc. 

Anyway, bands like Less Than Jake and Goldfinger went full pop punk without any ska signifiers at some point so we can add Goldfinger to the bunch to make Jan happy. 

@Feeling_This_1 you're crabbing everyone's lists, what's yours? 

9 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Yeah, I love Millencolin and I've seen them live so many times over the years, but I just would never list them as pop punk. Same with NOFX, Bad Religion, Lagwagon, NUFAN etc.

My thing with including some of those bands is that if we're including bands like MCR, ATL and Simple Plan, then "skatepunk" sure as hell is pop punk.  Especially when you consider that if blink broke up before EOTS they'd be lumped in with the Nofx's, Lagwagons, nufan's etc.

edit:in other words, BRING ON THE VOTES

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

My thing with including some of those bands is that if we're including bands like MCR, ATL and Simple Plan, then "skatepunk" sure as hell is pop punk.  Especially when you consider that if blink broke up before EOTS they'd be lumped in with the Nofx's, Lagwagons, nufan's etc.

edit:in other words, BRING ON THE VOTES

You're right and I really like how the list turned out in the end, there's a bit of everything and it's gonna be FUN! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Depf said:

Dudes and dudettes,

did you honestly forget about green day (the biggest poppunk band ever) or are we still all butthurt about tre being uncool towards blink?

did you notice blink was left off too....?

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

3 minutes ago, Depf said:

Dudes and dudettes,

did you honestly forget about green day (the biggest poppunk band ever) or are we still all butthurt about tre being uncool towards blink?

They're exempt cousin.

Fuck Tre Cool, all my homies hate Tre Cool

• Haha 1