Top 10 Pop Punk artists all time

Jan Backing Track

6 minutes ago, Depf said:

Dudes and dudettes,

did you honestly forget about green day (the biggest poppunk band ever) or are we still all butthurt about tre being uncool towards blink?

Green Day and Blink are exempt from the contest.  It's basically runner up to them.

4 minutes ago, Depf said:

T, maybe we should synchronize our efforts here.

This whole poppunk thing.... it hits close to home for those of us that listened to Lookout Records with your fawtah.

We need your leadership in this vote.

EH! If you can quote da rules, you can obey dem! 

Okay, I agree - I say we go 8 large on backing Lagwagon, Millencollin and even fucking Didi Ramone at this point. I swear to god, if Simple Plan are anywhere near that podium...

Whaddya hear? Whaddya say??

Just now, Depf said:

I have the orange one as well and that was the pennybridge anniversary tour....same for you?

Millencolin fans are the nicest people. They're like the hot chocolate of the punk scene. Comforting. Always pleasant. Unhateable.

They're like NUFAN in that everyone loves them and I can't get into them at all. No Cigar is great but that's the extent of it for me.

4 minutes ago, Depf said:

God forbid,don't even say that. Don't do it to yourself.

I think our 3 friends with the batteries need our support as well.

Agreed with Lagwagon. I don't mean to be out of order on this Tone, but we gotta make sure Shlomo, the other Jew , the white trash and the bean get our support on this thing all the way. 

I must say that in light of recent humiliations it is an honor to be joined by real poppunk fans. And not tonedeaf §"$(§?"$(§"?( that rate MGK over Nine. They should §")=$()=" di€ !!!

You're right...you're right. Our friends with the batteries downtown? Or our friends with the batteries across the river?

We'll stand by Fat Mike and the pygmie thing he has going with the mexican. Punk in Drublic, White Heebs - c'mon va fangul, that shit is the creme de la brulee of pop punk.

I know...I know but woah, Depf, the blunt - it makes you allegorical

1 minute ago, Depf said:

I have the orange one as well and that was the pennybridge anniversary tour....same for you?

Millencolin fans are the nicest people. They're like the hot chocolate of the punk scene. Comforting. Always pleasant. Unhateable.

Yes, it was that tour and you're so right. I went to that show with my friends, we met a guy we didn't know (he was from our area) who was at show by himself, he became immediately our friend that day and 10 years later he's still one of our best friends 💕

• Like 2

1 hour ago, _Bagel said:

EH! If you can quote da rules, you can obey dem! 

Okay, I agree - I say we go 8 large on backing Lagwagon, Millencollin and even fucking Didi Ramone at this point. I swear to god, if Simple Plan are anywhere near that podium...

Whaddya hear? Whaddya say??

A side track related to Dee Dee Ramone; I've worked for Marky Ramone once, after the show I was backstage, when I was going into his changing room to hang out a bit and they opened the door it was like that scene on scary movie when shortie roll down the window with all that smoke coming out haha. 

Spoiler

Now this memory of the smoke coming out has gotten a bit (very much) exaggerated over the years, but still a funny memory

2 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

A side track related to Dee Dee Ramone; I've worked for Marky Ramone once, after the show I was backstage, when I was going into his changing room to hang out a bit and they opened the door it was like that scene on scary movie when shortie roll down the window with all that smoke coming out haha. 

Hide contents

Now this memory of the smoke coming out has gotten a bit (very much) exaggerated over the years, but still a funny memory

I would have killed to catch a Ramones show.

Just now, Slevin Seconds said:

I would have killed to catch a Ramones show.

Yeah it would have been amazing. Remember that this was only Marky and his band. 

Also: 

@Patient #48273 @Ghent Is there any way you could create a separate section for the battle of the bands threads so it will be easier to keep track of them?

10 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

@Patient #48273 @Ghent Is there any way you could create a separate section for the battle of the bands threads so it will be easier to keep track of them?

My plan is to have no more than 4 competition threads open at a time, so hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to keep track of them. I can also post links to each thread in the pinned thread for the tournament.

I like having the threads in this section because it gets the most traffic, but if enough people are really bothered, we can move them elsewhere.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Yeah it would have been amazing. Remember that this was only Marky and his band. 

Also: 

Well we talked about and thought maybe they would get more traffic in this section. Since nothing blink related was going it wouldn't be taking away from anything.

What about pinning them and then locking the threads once the vote is over?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patient #48273 said:

My plan is to have no more than 4 competition threads open at a time, so hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to keep track of them. I can also post links to each thread in the pinned thread for the tournament.

I like having the threads in this section because it gets the most traffic, but if enough people are really bothered, we can move them elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Well we talked about and thought maybe they would get more traffic in this section. Since nothing blink related was going it wouldn't be taking away from anything.

What about pinning them and then locking the threads once the vote is over?

Yeah makes sense, pinning them and then locking once the vote is over sounds like the smartest idea to not get everything mixed up tbc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twentytwenty said:

Hide contents

I DJed at a MR gig once. High five!