Top 10 Pop Punk artists all time

Jan Backing Track

I’m not going to include blink in the tournament, so here are the bands that have made quite a few lists so far:

Green Day
Sum 41
New Found Glory
The Offspring
Fall Out Boy
The Ramones
My Chemical Romance
Descendents
Screeching Weasel
NOFX
All Time Low
Alkaline Trio
Yellowcard
Rancid
Simple Plan

Anyone who hasn't submitted a list yet, go for it. The seeding will be based on how many lists each band ends up on (and after that it'll be based on which band got to that number first and any further tiebreaks will be determined by a "coin toss").

2 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I’m not going to include blink in the tournament, so here are the bands that have made quite a few lists so far:

Green Day
Sum 41
New Found Glory
The Offspring
Fall Out Boy
The Ramones
My Chemical Romance
Descendents
Screeching Weasel
NOFX
All Time Low
Alkaline Trio
Yellowcard
Rancid
Simple Plan

Anyone who hasn't submitted a list yet, go for it. The seeding will be based on how many lists each band ends up on (and after that it'll be based on which band got to that number first and any further tiebreaks will be determined by a "coin toss").

Can you add Mest in there? Why wouldn’t good Charlotte be in there if simple plan and new found glory are? Or are we trying to limit the amount of bands listed lol

2 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Green Day
Sum 41
New Found Glory
The Offspring
Fall Out Boy
The Ramones
My Chemical Romance
Descendents
Screeching Weasel
NOFX
All Time Low
Alkaline Trio
Yellowcard
Rancid
Simple Plan

I think I saw at least 12 lists containing moving to ashbury 🙄

• Haha 2

Just now, Mohammad Wall-E said:

Can you add Mest in there? Why wouldn’t good Charlotte be in there if simple plan and new found glory are? Or are we trying to limit the amount of bands listed lol

I'd like to keep the bracket to the 16 bands that people list the most in this thread. I'm open to any (non-troll) entries ending up in the bracket.

By the way, I didn't include your list because I assumed it was a joke. If you want to do a real one, I'll be sure to count it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Green Day
Sum 41
New Found Glory
The Offspring
Fall Out Boy
The Ramones
My Chemical Romance
Descendents
Screeching Weasel
NOFX
All Time Low
Alkaline Trio
Yellowcard
Rancid
Simple Plan

SUGARCULT you b****

Sorry..

Also, I'd drop Green Day, makes it more interesting.

Good Charlotte, Saves the day, Say Anything? Paramore? Motion City Soundtrack, AAR, MGK for kicks.  Does Alkaline Trio count?  Just trying to make it more interesting..

7 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Green Day
Sum 41
New Found Glory
The Offspring
Fall Out Boy
The Ramones
My Chemical Romance
Descendents
Screeching Weasel
NOFX
All Time Low
Alkaline Trio
Yellowcard
Rancid
Simple Plan

This isn't my gig and I don't care to do it but it's just "Ramones" ... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jan - Unofficial Moderator said:

SUGARCULT you b****

Sorry..

Good Charlotte, Saves the day, Say Anything? Paramore? Motion City Soundtrack, AAR, MGK for kicks.  Does Alkaline Trio count?  Just trying to make it more interesting..

It is really hard when you think about it, all those bands belong on the list

• Like 1

Just now, Wrath of Margie Whipple said:

I'm too much of an asshole purist for this to be something I participate it. There's no conceivable conclusion of this that won't leave me angry.

I’m a genre-nazi too and so I know what you consider to be the true sound. I definitely get it lol. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I’m a genre-nazi too and so I know what you consider to be the true sound. I definitely get it lol. 

I’ve always just placed them all in the same category. 
bands like 

blink, nofx, offspring, less than jake, rise against, simple plan etc

11 minutes ago, Jan - Unofficial Moderator said:

SUGARCULT you b****

Sorry..

That's not the final list, just the bands that have been mentioned the most so far. Do you not want this to be used as the nomination thread? Should we start over?

And I agree that it might be just as well to exclude Green Day.

@Wrath of Margie Whipple @JarJarBlinks I considered making genre rules, but there's no point because someone will always be annoyed. I'm just trying to go with a majority rule.

3 minutes ago, Jan - Unofficial Moderator said:

The more I think about it, maybe we should go all the bands sightly off pop punk too to see who's the 'best' outside of blink/green Day for that era?  Doing strict pop punk is kind of hard, and super limited.  I want Taking Back Sunday in there for example.

Start a separate Emo thread then. This is supposed to be pop/punk 

5 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I considered making genre rules, but there's no point because someone will always be annoyed. I'm just trying to go with a majority rule

Oh I know. There’s no other way to do it. Some nerd like me will always come along and complain lol. 

6 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

Start a separate Emo thread then. This is supposed to be pop/punk 

I’ve never really understood what emo actually was. People would say that both my chemical romance and panic! at the disco was emo, but they don’t sound anything alike. Totally confused over this. 

4 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I’ve never really understood what emo actually was. People would say that both my chemical romance and panic! at the disco was emo, but they don’t sound anything alike. Totally confused over this. 

Hawthorne Heights lol. My Chemical Romance was the mainstream one though.