Jump to content
 

Top 10 Pop Punk artists all time


Ken_Hoopla 4thewin
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

Why is Green Day in there but not blink?

also F Sugarcult. What did they have one song on MTV a few times while trying to capitalize on the pop punk/emo explosion of the 2000s? I’m bouncing offfffff my ballsssss again sooooo cooooooolllll

We're still working everything out and I'm waiting on more people's lists to finalize the nominations. And I already said Green Day isn't going to be included either. The reason blink was removed first is because it's blink-182online and it would be a foregone conclusion if they were included.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

We're still working everything out and I'm waiting on more people's lists to finalize the nominations. And I already said Green Day isn't going to be included either. The reason blink was removed first is because it's blink-182online and it would be a foregone conclusion if they were included.

 

Ok thanks, I understood why blink was off I remember reading that and it made sense, just would make sense to exclude GD as well, which you are , so good job! Lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, this still isn't final, but to give another update, if we do a bracket of 16, the bands would be:

The Sum 41 (9 votes)
The New Found Glory (6 votes)
The Offspring (6 votes)
The Ramones (4 votes)
The My Chemical Romance (4 votes)
The Descendents (4 votes)
The Screeching Weasel (4 votes)
The Fall Out Boy (3 votes)
The All Time Low (3 votes)
The NOFX (3 votes)

And then 6 of the following (all currently have 2 votes)...

The Neck Deep
The Paramore
The Story So Far
The Alkaline Trio
The Yellowcard
The Rancid
The Simple Plan
The Saves the Day
The Say Anything
The Motion City Soundtrack
The Machine Gun Kelly
The Sugarcult
The Queers
The Mr. T Experience

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Out of those left

Alkaline trio 

Say anything

Motion city soundtrack 

Rancid

Yellowcard

((and as half of those aren't pop punk let's add other fringe cuts)) 

Jimmy Eat World

Foo Fighters

Brand New

The Wonder Years

The Spill Canvas 

 

Some of these votes are serious, some less so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are we compiling a list of the worst pop punk bands or what? That list is terrible! Besides NFG and Sum-41, like all of those bands are annoying that are in so far lol

  • Like 1
  • Crab 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The nomination deadline will be tomorrow at 12:00pm Eastern Time.

Anyone who has already submitted a list can make changes up until then, but be sure to make a new post, don't just edit your old post because I won't see it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, here’s my official list:

MxPx

Fenix TX

Unwritten Law

NOFX

Descendants

Ramones

Lagwagon 

The Bouncing Souls

Guttermouth

Smash Mouth 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

So, this still isn't final, but to give another update, if we do a bracket of 16, the bands would be:

The Sum 41 (9 votes)
The New Found Glory (6 votes)
The Offspring (6 votes)
The Ramones (4 votes)
The My Chemical Romance (4 votes)
The Descendents (4 votes)
The Screeching Weasel (4 votes)
The Fall Out Boy (3 votes)
The All Time Low (3 votes)
The NOFX (3 votes)

And then 6 of the following (all currently have 2 votes)...

The Neck Deep
The Paramore
The Story So Far
The Alkaline Trio
The Yellowcard
The Rancid
The Simple Plan
The Saves the Day
The Say Anything
The Motion City Soundtrack
The Machine Gun Kelly
The Sugarcult
The Queers
The Mr. T Experience

Oh man ... I hate you so much.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jan - Unofficial Moderator said:

No the Goldfinger love?

Only from Depf.

Also at this point it seems like it's only fair for people who made their lists before this bracket idea came about to be allowed to nominate another band or two if they had blink and/or Green Day on their list. The maximum is still 10 though, so if you had just one of them on your list, you can only nominate one additional band.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lagwagon

Screeching Weasel 

NOFX

Brand New (first album only) 

Pulley 

Weezer ( fuck it, what are Weezer anyway) 

Jawbreaker ( yes they’re emo but also pop punk, fuck u) 

My brain hurts. Must remember to eat more fish 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. New Found Glory

2. My Chemical Romance

3. NOFX

4. Ramones

5. Descendents

6. Screeching Weasel

7. The Offspring

8. Sum 41

9. Motion City Soundtrack

10. Taking Back Sunday

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Patient #48273 said:

Would you guys want this expanded to 32 bands or should we leave it at 16?

32 seems like too much, you'll be getting away from the core of the genre. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Wrath of Margie Whipple said:

32 seems like too much, you'll be getting away from the core of the genre. 

You’re being sarcastic right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...