Top 10 Pop Punk artists all time

tired of coight

4 minutes ago, Yang Gang was Punk Rock said:

Sorry brev, Goldfinger didn't even make the cut.  I'm shocked actually, is it just because they were not pop punk in many eyes?  They were really good back when, like top 3 of all these bands listed possibly.

what?! But MGK (whose effort I genuinely respect, but come on. Thats one album. Give the man credit for bringing guitar and drums back to pop but let's calm our tits here) and Screeching Weasel (who are nowhere near as pop(-ular) as goldfinger) made the list?

oh well.

Whoever had the idea for this tournament just wants to watch the board burn.

• Like 1

Just now, Yang Gang was Punk Rock said:

Tickets To My Downfall (title track) kind of sent Goldfinger's recent releases into oblivion unfortunately, sorry, not sorry.

For one, that’s fake news, and two...Goldfinger has a whole body of work that MGK can’t light a torch to. I didn’t realize this poll was only judging based off of each band’s most recent release?

5 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

Why didn’t you just use the internet like normal wankers?

Magazines/print outs were still = internet during dial up days.

It wasn't until broadband we could kindly ask jeeves where the non-pixilated boobies were.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I think that Simple Plan is better than most of the bands on that list so you can put me in your black book 

My black book is for cool dudes and you're already in there.

Disclaimer : i have absolutely nothing against simple plan. I don't know their music at all.

But I am quite big on goldfinger. So maybe exchange simple plan for good charlotte or whatever ;)

Magazines/print outs were still = internet during dial days.

It wasn't until broadband we could kindly ask jeeves where the non-pixilated boobies were.

Mixed media masturbation

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

3 minutes ago, Depf said:

what?! But MGK (whose effort I genuinely respect, but come on. Thats one album. Give the man credit for bringing guitar and drums back to pop but let's calm our tits here) and Screeching Weasel (who are nowhere near as pop(-ular) as goldfinger) made the list?

oh well.

Whoever had the idea for this tournament just wants to watch the board burn.

I think people just don't view Goldfinger as pop punk I guess?  I'm not sure, because Here in your bedroom/Goldfinger, Hangups, Stomping Ground days were some serious elite shit.  Like I would consider them top 3 of this countdown.

• Like 1

Just now, Ghent said:

Mixed media masturbation

I remember the days of having to find your friends’ Dad’s Hustlers very well. I also remember stumbling upon one of my friend’s Mom’s huge box of dildos 😂

Just now, Patient #48273 said:

The intention is to create as ridiculous/petty arguments as possible.

Can you just slide Goldfinger in there?  I think people just genuinely forgot about them.  We're doing 32 bands, your abuse of power will be forgiven here.

Just now, Mohammad Wall-E said:

I remember the days of having to find your friends’ Dad’s Hustlers very well. I also remember stumbling upon one of my friend’s Mom’s huge box of dildos 😂

I remember my friend yelling to make sure the house was clear, only to have his grandma walk by because she couldn't hear.

I was not there, but always my favorite story.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Depf said:

My black book is for cool dudes and you're already in there.

Disclaimer : i have absolutely nothing against simple plan. I don't know their music at all.

But I am quite big on goldfinger. So maybe exchange simple plan for good charlotte or whatever ;)

I really like goldfinger as well, they would have been in my next five bands to add to the list, I’m a really big fan of Feldmann in general as well.

I’m just shocked that no one besides me put Millencolin on their lists

1 minute ago, Patient #48273 said:

The intention is to create as ridiculous/petty arguments as possible.

finally a mod that understands what a forum is acutally for.

restekpweb-ali-g-getty.jpg?width=1200

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, twentytwenty said:

I really like goldfinger as well, they would have been in my next five bands to add to the list, I’m just shocked that no one besides me put Millencolin on their lists

because they are  not the same genre as the others. and i'm late to the party

They're euro skatepunk gods and pennybridge pioneers is every bit as important as punk in drublic.

on to the vote! team millencolin/goldfinger here

• Love 1

'Like' my comment if you forgot about GOLDFINGER and want them in the 32nd spot, crab it if they should fuck off it.

Remove MGK and replace with Goldfinger 

3 minutes ago, Yang Gang was Punk Rock said:

Can you just slide Goldfinger in there?  I think people just genuinely forgot about them.  We're doing 32 bands, your abuse of power will be forgiven here.

Only if the price is right.

Just now, Brad Religion said:

Feeling_Kids is right, Laura, you should abuse your power. Give Feeling_This_1 a vacation. 

I like how on his profile it actually says Feeling Kids 😂