Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - general discussion

Patient #48273

2 minutes ago, Depf said:

why would that be?! I wear 90% polos. Its what you're supposed to do as a east euro in a rusty BMW.

Don't give me any "oh thats so last season".

Its timeless. Its comfy , elegant and highlights the chest and shoulders. It's saying "look i dress formally but I'm cool and athletic and can punch like a mule kicks"

Because you can't fart here without someone screaming nazi ... its not the same there ... someone screams nazi at you guys and you're just like "und?".

1 minute ago, Depf said:

why would that be?! I wear 90% polos. Its what you're supposed to do as a east euro in a rusty BMW.

Don't give me any "oh thats so last season".

Its timeless. Its comfy , elegant and highlights the chest and shoulders. It's saying "look i dress formally but I'm cool and athletic and can punch like a mule kicks"

Don't let them take your joy. I still wear Fred Perry and we'll wear one at the post covid euro gang meet-up.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Machine Gun Smelly said:

If it ain’t green, it ain’t aloe 

I miss our big ass aloe plant we had in our backyard. 

Our girl, Janet was convinced you couldn't buy clear aloe gel anywhere. 

Check this thread though ... its gold, I had some real zingers!

5 minutes ago, Depf said:

Honest question, are polo shirts becoming a political statement?!

If so I need advice what to wear if i wanna signal that I want gay married dudes to be able to defend their pot with german/italian smgs. pro vegan, pro Autobahn, pro making fun of mumble rap.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90560741/why-the-far-right-proud-boys-co-opted-these-polo-shirts

8 minutes ago, Depf said:

I hate how shallow that term seems to have become. luckily for me i just need to whip out my brajole and show my passport to get a pass by the stawka

Oh shit, godwins law....

Back on track.

This is why I love you! You get the jokes and it's a blast. You and @_Bagel both are my soul mates and I'm glad I found you. You're not like the other people here in the trailer park.

I'm adding @Machine Gun Smelly to that list as well ... we had our troubles but he's a good egg.

• Love 3
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

I miss our big ass aloe plant we had in our backyard. 

Our girl, Janet was convinced you couldn't buy clear aloe gel anywhere. 

Check this thread though ... its gold, I had some real zingers!

Deflecting again because your jokes have been unfunny since the past several weeks forever

• Crab 1

Need album recommendations for the following:

Saves the Day

Lagwagon*

MxPx*

The Story So Far*

The Queers

Sugarcult*

Neck Deep

The Mr. T Experience

Fenix TX

Jawbreaker

Sell me on these bands.

* means I’ve heard occasional songs and thought they were okay but never sat down and listened to a full album. 

Brand New is easily my favourite listed - calling them a pop punk band isn't exactly in line with the majority of their output though.
Otherwise Motion City Soundtrack is the only pop punk band listed here I return to more than once every 4 months or so.

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

Saves the Day

Lagwagon*

MxPx*

The Story So Far*

The Queers

Sugarcult*

Neck Deep

The Mr. T Experience

Fenix TX

Jawbreaker

Sell me on these bands.

* means I’ve heard occasional songs and thought they were okay but never sat down and listened to a full album. 

For The Story So Far I’d recommend What You Don’t See and for Sugarcult I’d recommend Lights Out. Two albums I love, especially the Sugarcult one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Saves the Day

Lagwagon*

MxPx*

The Story So Far*

The Queers

Sugarcult*

Neck Deep

The Mr. T Experience

Fenix TX

Jawbreaker

Sell me on these bands.

I support Cheerios’ The story so far recommendation, but if you should happen not to enjoy What You Don’t See I’d still give Proper Dose a go because they’re really different but both are great records.

for Neck deep I’d go for their newest one.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, yodda said:

^looking at your sig - I always lumped Jimmy Eat World in with the pop punk and blink-182 adjacent bands. They're more pop punk than Brand New at any rate - surprised they're not on the list.

They weren't recommended as much. There was a nomination thread.