Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - general discussion

Patient #48273

8 hours ago, Slevin Seconds said:

This is why I love you! You get the jokes and it's a blast. You and @_Bagel both are my soul mates and I'm glad I found you. You're not like the other people here in the trailer park.

I'm adding @Machine Gun Smelly to that list as well ... we had our troubles but he's a good egg.

We’re here to stay brother, misquoting sopranos for eternity. lots of love x

@Machine Gun Smellyis a good egg. I’d whisk him and eat him.

@Russel Coight can’t remember if people recommended Jawbreaker tunes for you. Boxcar, Indictment, Chemistry and Bad Scene Everybody’s Fault. If it can sway you, dear god. Also I haven’t said hello to you in a while. Hi 🙋‍♂️ 

• Love 1

52 minutes ago, yodda said:

^looking at your sig - I always lumped Jimmy Eat World in with the pop punk and blink-182 adjacent bands. They're more pop punk than Brand New at any rate - surprised they're not on the list.

I actually don't consider them pop punk really, but other people were nominating them for this so I did too haha. one of my favorite bands regardless.

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, Maddey said:

I support Cheerios’ The story so far recommendation, but if you should happen not to enjoy What You Don’t See I’d still give Proper Dose a go because they’re really different but both are great records.

for Neck deep I’d go for their newest one.

Yeah it's kind hard to pick for TSSF because to me all four albums have a distinct style that's different. My personal fav is Under Soil and Dirt but I enjoy them all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I actually don't consider them pop punk really, but other people were nominating them for this so I did too haha. one of my favorite bands regardless.

One of my faves too. Gotta love Jimmy. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Just now, Kay said:

One of my faves too. Gotta love Jimmy. 

This past month I saw two of their online concerts. one where they played Futures in full and another where they played Clarity in full. Two amazing albums. They're so good live. I really miss actual in-person concerts so much. I want to see them again badly.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Okay thanks for the suggestions thus far. Will give them a run this weekend.

11 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

@Russel Coight can’t remember if people recommended Jawbreaker tunes for you. Boxcar, Indictment, Chemistry and Bad Scene Everybody’s Fault. If it can sway you, dear god. Also I haven’t said hello to you in a while. Hi 🙋‍♂️ 

Nobody did them yet. So thank you. Which album do you think I should check out first if I wanna start with an album as opposed to just individual songs?

Also hello. How are you? I’ve been regretting not getting to meet you properly in the zoom chat the most (outside of maybe Mark but only just) I’d really like to just sit there and chew the shit with you so I hope it happens again soon. Also Kay says you’re a hottie and I’m a big fan of hotties so I’m into it.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Nobody did them yet. So thank you. Which album do you think I should check out first if I wanna start with an album as opposed to just individual songs?

Also hello. How are you? I’ve been regretting not getting to meet you properly in the zoom chat the most (outside of maybe Mark but only just) I’d really like to just sit there and chew the shit with you so I hope it happens again soon. Also Kay says you’re a hottie and I’m a big fan of hotties so I’m into it.

To be fair, I also told him during the zoom call that he looks a lot at my cousin. Maybe I'm just fucked in the head. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Need album recommendations for the following:

Saves the Day

Lagwagon*

MxPx*

The Story So Far*

The Queers

Sugarcult*

Neck Deep

The Mr. T Experience

Fenix TX

Jawbreaker

Sell me on these bands.

* means I’ve heard occasional songs and thought they were okay but never sat down and listened to a full album. 

Std: self-titled or Can't slow down 

Lagwagon: let's talk about feelings 

Mxpx: ever passing moment

Queers-Move Back Home 

Mtx: Revenge is sweet and so are you

Fenix TX: self titled

Jawbreaker: 24 hour revenge therapy 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

Well I still think if we’re talking pop-punk, 24 Hour Revenge Therapy is the way to go. Punchy two and a half minute numbers. It’s more lighthearted in places. Dear You is more polished, but it gets darkkkk.

im very well thank you chap. My addiction to the board has gone up ten fold lately but fuck it, community. Haha, bless ya mate , I’m the same. I was gutted not to see your face.Look forward to hearing your dulcet Aussie tones and chat over a beer. We’ll get that chance mate, let me know whenever is good for you and we can work something from across the pond. Our love stretches that far. Hot recognises hot, we all sweltering here

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thongrider said:

Std: self-titled or Can't slow down 

Lagwagon: let's talk about feelings 

Mxpx: ever passing moment

Queers-Move Back Home 

Mtx: Revenge is sweet and so are you

Fenix TX: self titled

Jawbreaker: 24 hour revenge therapy 

This guy fucks 

love u thongrider 

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Saves the Day

Sugarcult*

Neck Deep

Sell me on these bands.

* means I’ve heard occasional songs and thought they were okay but never sat down and listened to a full album. 

Saves the Day - Through Being Cool - absolutely positively, great album, and keep in mind it came out in '90s yet so was one of the earlier bands

Sugarcult - Start Static I guess? They don't really have a memorable album... Usually like 2 hits and some filler for each. I like the songs Pretty Girl, Debbie, Stuck in America, Los Angeles.  Memory is their most popular. (Skip bouncing off the walls again if you can)

Neck Deep - don't, they're trash, all of it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kay said:

To be fair, I also told him during the zoom call that he looks a lot at my cousin. Maybe I'm just fucked in the head. 

I mean...we all have that one cousin, right?

No - just me ? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Saves the Day

Lagwagon*

MxPx*

The Story So Far*

The Queers

Sugarcult*

Neck Deep

The Mr. T Experience

Fenix TX

Jawbreaker

Sell me on these bands.

Life’s not out to get you by neck deep is considered a pop punk classic in the pop punk community

11 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Saves the Day

Lagwagon*

MxPx*

The Story So Far*

The Queers

Sugarcult*

Neck Deep

The Mr. T Experience

Fenix TX

Jawbreaker

Sell me on these bands.

Saves the Day-Through Being Cool

Lagwagon-Hoss or Blaze

Mxpx-Life in General

Jawbreaker- Dear You

• Like 1