Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - general discussion

Patient #48273

listened to Dear You last night, liked it a lot. will probably end up voting Jawbreaker over FOB after a few more listens, although it no longer looks like a close match.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Nasa said:

listened to Dear You last night, liked it a lot. will probably end up voting Jawbreaker over FOB after a few more listens, although it no longer looks like a close match.

It's a miracle they got 11 votes, but I'm glad you liked Dear You. Such great songwriting / most upbeat sad music ever.

• Like 2

Damn. I really thought Jawbreaker stood a chance. Ultimate underdog story. Think we should sub it out for simple plan if they make it through.

also, I can’t remember if I’ve seen any mention of Social Distoriton? Did we all collectively forget them or...are they just not that good ? 

can’t be the latter because 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Damn. I really thought Jawbreaker stood a chance. Ultimate underdog story. Think we should sub it out for simple plan if they make it through.

also, I can’t remember if I’ve seen any mention of Social Distoriton? Did we all collectively forget them or...are they just not that good ? 

can’t be the latter because 

I just never thought of them as pop punk ... I barely think of them as a punk band to be honest. 

8 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

I just never thought of them as pop punk ... I barely think of them as a punk band to be honest. 

THEN WHAT ARE THEY DAD 

Mariachi!?? 

we should do battle of the mariachi bands next 

38 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

THEN WHAT ARE THEY DAD 

Mariachi!?? 

we should do battle of the mariachi bands next 

I've been listening to a podcast in Spanish about the history of Puerto Rico lately so I went 100% puerto rican mode last week and I started listening to Hector Lavoe and the other salsa stuff. That's area of my expertise right now. 

• Love 1

54 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

Social Distortion is amazing. Can’t call em pop punk though. People here that like MGK would never appreciate the greatness that is Mike Ness and Social D. 

• Like 1

Just now, Machine Gun Smelly said:

Social Distortion is amazing. Can’t call em pop punk though. People here that like MGK would never appreciate the greatness that is Mike Ness and Social D. 

Story of his life ...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Machine Gun Smelly said:

I like both...? One of the first songs my band in middle school covered was 1945.

• Love 1

37 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

Just a rock band, with some rockabilly influence.

Yea I just consider them a rock n roll band. Their early work is just straight up punk rock that inspired a lot of bands but Mike Ness really let his country influences show in later works 

19 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I've been listening to a podcast in Spanish about the history of Puerto Rico lately so I went 100% puerto rican mode last week and I started listening to Hector Lavoe and the other salsa stuff. That's area of my expertise right now. 

Hahaha - get it started Elisa. Will tear the board apartFind the mariachi band that played at blinks reunion celebration. They get my vote. 

wait - how many languages do you speak ?!! Woah

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Hahaha - get it started Elisa. Will tear the board apartFind the mariachi band that played at blinks reunion celebration. They get my vote. 

wait - how many languages do you speak ?!! Woah

A few. Italian, English, Spanish, Russian (I'm finally getting good at it, I've been learning Russian in my free time since 2017) and some French.

I studied international law at uni, but instead of working for the united nations I translate legal documents. I compromised like uncle Philly. 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Elisa said:

A few. Italian, English, Spanish, Russian (I'm finally getting good at it, I've been learning Russian in my free time since 2017) and some French.

I studied international law at uni, but instead of working for the united nations I translate legal documents. I compromised like uncle Philly. 

Look, you're on a Blink-182 message board, can you dumb it down a bit. I just forgot what the color teal looks like and you're making it worse. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

Look, you're on a Blink-182 message board, can you dumb it down a bit. I just forgot what the color teal looks like and you're making it worse. 

i didn't want to make it look like i was bragging, i should have put that under spoiler :(

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Elisa said:

i didn't want to make it look like i was bragging, i should have put that under spoiler :(

Only messing with you ... if there's ever anything worth bragging about, it's shit like that! Brag away!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Holy shit. I barely get my on English. That’s amazing. Has Russian been the hardest out of all of them? J’mapelle Cameron et je suis est poubelle.

who do you translate them for? Or is it like law firm to law firm? Do you eat grilled cheese off a radiator ? 

20 years in the can 

• Haha 1