Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - general discussion

Patient #48273

3 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

Only messing with you ... if there's ever anything worth bragging about, it's shit like that! Brag away!

I'm just a boring introvert with nothing special to brag about.

2 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Holy shit. I barely get my on English. That’s amazing. Has Russian been the hardest out of all of them? J’mapelle Cameron et je suis est poubelle.

who do you translate them for? Or is it like law firm to law firm? Do you eat grilled cheese off a radiator ? 

20 years in the can 

Why would you want escargot when you could have grilled cheese instead!

I work for a private company, I never wanted to become a lawyer haha we mostly translate for passport agencies and law firms. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Has Russian been the hardest out of all of them?

I didn't see this! in my high school we spent 5 years (high school is 5 years here) translating texts from Latin and Ancient Greek DAILY and Russian has a lot in common with those two languages because it has conjugations and declensions, but it's a fun language and it's not as hard as you'd think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slevin Seconds said:

This better not be commie-talk!

Call me Reznov, daaaaa

49 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I didn't see this! in my high school we spent 5 years (high school is 5 years here) translating texts from Latin and Ancient Greek DAILY and Russian has a lot in common with those two languages because it has conjugations and declensions, but it's a fun language and it's not as hard as you'd think. 

Dayummm. That’s some intense shit but I guess you acclimatise. They expect a lot more from you than the UK education system, let me tell you. WHAT EVEN IS A DECLENSION. There you go, you used my language better than me. I need to get some Rosetta Stone CD’s

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

A few. Italian, English, Spanish, Russian (I'm finally getting good at it, I've been learning Russian in my free time since 2017) and some French.

I studied international law at uni, but instead of working for the united nations I translate legal documents. I compromised like uncle Philly. 

This is my dream to do. I try to go the opposite route though. 

1 minute ago, daveyjones said:

i'm laughing at the thought of them even making the top five. there are loads better bands.

I love early Green Day and I love early Blink but neither rank in the top 10 for me personally. That's not a diss, I just love that more traditional ramonescore sound.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Need album recommendations for the following:

Saves the Day

Lagwagon*

MxPx*

The Story So Far*

The Queers

Sugarcult*

Neck Deep

The Mr. T Experience

Fenix TX

Jawbreaker

Sell me on these bands.

* means I’ve heard occasional songs and thought they were okay but never sat down and listened to a full album. 

The Story so Far - Under Soil and Dirt 

• Like 2

You guys remember that band Story of the Year? I was staying outside St. Louis in this punk house when that shitty band hit and those nincompoops ate it. St. Louis bands are worse than bands from Philadelphia. 

4 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

I love early Green Day and I love early Blink but neither rank in the top 10 for me personally. That's not a diss, I just love that more traditional ramonescore sound.

My favorite GD album is 21st Century Breakdown. When you listen to that album from start to finish, holy hell! Totally love the title track as well

Just now, twentytwenty said:

My favorite GD album is 21st Century Breakdown. When you listen to that album from start to finish, holy hell! Totally love the title track as well

I like more songs on 21st Breakdown than I do songs from American Idiot.

You heard House Boat's 21st Century Breakroom?

9 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

Hmmm...

On 2/25/2021 at 10:04 PM, Slevin Seconds said:

In no particular order.

Ramones

Queers

MTX

Sloppy Seconds

TBR

blink-182

Green Day

Lillington

Copyrights

Oasis

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Hmmm...

I traded vindictives and Steinways with Green Day and Blink to make a better fit for what I thought the board would consider pop punk. I traded Dopamines with Oasis to make a stupid joke.

27 minutes ago, Depf said:

We should spread the gospel of Social D in french.

Cause Mike Ness est nôtre joie.

I vote Elisa to be dr. elisa. 

Obviously a killer lady but she plays it down. I can see why bagel the beautiful dreams of his moms head on her body

This made me spit out my milk of magnesia 

I’m in awreee of you 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

I traded vindictives and Steinways with Green Day and Blink to make a better fit for what I thought the board would consider pop punk. I traded Dopamines with Oasis to make a stupid joke.

I only believe the Oasis part.