Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - general discussion

Patient #48273

2 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I'm not super into his voice

Yeah but Grath is probably my favorite pop punk songwriter of all time. Steinways, House Boat, Barrakuda McMurder, Top Bunk, Robot Bachelor, Short Attention Span, Science Police ... all fantastic bands of his.

26 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

You guys remember that band Story of the Year? I was staying outside St. Louis in this punk house when that shitty band hit and those nincompoops ate it. St. Louis bands are worse than bands from Philadelphia. 

Until the day I die. 

I remember at a Lawrence arms/nufan gig I went to someone was like "Story of the year plays next door. More like Story of last year" 

• Haha 1

Just now, Slevin Seconds said:

Link? 

I don't think they recorded anything. I think they did "I Wanna Kiss You on the Lips" originally and some other song Grath told me about me about. I think it was about Kim Shattuck. 

5 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I don't think they recorded anything. I think they did "I Wanna Kiss You on the Lips" originally and some other song Grath told me about me about. I think it was about Kim Shattuck. 

Aww ... I wanna be friends with Grath. Is he cool?

1 hour ago, Depf said:

We should spread the gospel of Social D in french.

i was at this social D show:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/social-distortion/1996/hollywood-palladium-los-angeles-ca-3d3f973.html

blink was an opener. scott was on crutches at the time, so josh freese filled in.

after blink played, we left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

Aww ... I wanna be friends with Grath. Is he cool?

I don't know him very well, but I wrote a Grath parody song called "(Kim Shattuck) Looked at Me When I Crossed the Street (and I was like" whoah")" on a message board in 2010 and he said that he had written a song about Kim for the Kevins. 

Just now, thongrider said:

I don't know him very well, but I wrote a Grath parody song called "(Kim Shattuck) Looked at Me When I Crossed the Street (and I was like" whoah")" on a message board in 2010 and he said that he had written a song about Kim for the Kevins. 

I miss Kim :(

• Sad 2

17 hours ago, daveyjones said:

i was at this social D show:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/social-distortion/1996/hollywood-palladium-los-angeles-ca-3d3f973.html

blink was an opener. scott was on crutches at the time, so josh freese filled in.

after blink played, we left.

You missed a great performance then!

although blink and a full show with Josh Freese would have been amazing 

Now this is a pop-punk as it gets. The Caper, with blue hair, playing warped tour 2002. I swear, if Lagwagon gets disrespected...my love affair with this board may end in mountain dew and tears

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Now this is a pop-punk as it gets. The Caper, with blue hair, playing warped tour 2002. I swear, if Lagwagon gets disrespected...my love affair with this board may end in mountain dew and tears

I'd gladly co-blow The Caper with you my friend! 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

I'd gladly co-blow The Caper with you my friend! 

❤️My trusty Hoss loving Speedo. It's time to put our big boy pants on. The people of Gondor are counting on us 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Machine Gun Skelly said:

You missed a great performance then!

yea i'm bummed now that we decided to chat with tom in the lobby instead of watching them, because i really like social D now. i had to get older (and grislier!) to really "get" what ness is all about.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

yea i'm bummed now that we decided to chat with tom in the lobby instead of watching them, because i really like social D now. i had to get older (and grislier!) to really "get" what ness is all about.

Yea I didn’t get in to them until recently myself. That’s sweet you got to hang with Tom though. How receptive was that crowd to blink?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Depf said:

toss the man a cigarette if you love him so much. Big bitch only likes the other cigs though

Ohhhhhh, why don’t you go and drink a lime ricky or whateva da fuck you’re drinking now. 

I like how I was innocent and thought u were smoking a cig. I’m a sheltered young boy