Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - general discussion

Patient #48273

11 hours ago, Elisa said:

Can some music that you really enjoy give you a sense of anxiety? Because I've been rediscovering an italian songwriter lately - I used to listen to him until 2008 then I casually stopped - so now I have a playlist on repeat every day with his most recent music (which is all new to me) + some old songs and I love it, but it's starting to give me anxiety for some reason. Maybe it's the music, maybe it's the lyrics, I don't know. It's not getting overplayed yet, but I know it will and I know what you mean about Lagwagon.

Blink is actually the only band that I can go back to without experiencing ptsd or thinking "okay this is too much" and I can only feel good when I listen to them, no matter how I feel in that moment. 

I think for me it's that you feel limited in fresh new music nowadays, so you want to latch onto it, but you know it's on a time table for when it starts to inevitably lose its glamour and just become one with the playlists like the rest.

I get weird self reflection of why I can't hold onto these things longer or why I move on so quickly.

It's trippy.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lagwagon isnt yours Coight said:

I think for me it's that you feel limited in fresh new music nowadays, so you want to latch onto it, but you know it's on a time table for when it starts to inevitably lose its glamour and just become one with the playlists like the rest.

I get weird self reflection of why I can't hold onto these things longer or why I move on so quickly.

It's trippy.  

Yeah, I guess that's it and it's so trippy. I watched an episode of Criminal Minds years ago that stuck with  me because they were saying that no music will ever impact us as much as the music we listened to when we were 14 and I really felt that.

I think that whenever we experiment with other music, we can think we love it, and maybe we do, but it will never make us feel like the music made by the artists we loved when we were younger. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Elisa said:

Yeah, I guess that's it and it's so trippy. I watched an episode of Criminal Minds years ago that stuck with  me because they were saying that no music will ever impact us as much as the music we listened to when we were 14 and I really felt that.

I think that whenever we experiment with other music, we can think we love it, and maybe we do, but it will never make us feel like the music made by the artists we loved when we were younger. 

Yeah it's hard to know it's because you were largely at a more impressionable age and can never really reach those highs again with music.

It's probably why we're so dramatic about California/Nine, we want them to save us but it's not really ever going to happen again.

I think the only time I reach those musical highs is really at weddings, for some reason, it's like a really nostalgic time seeing everyone, you're super drunk, and then something like Blink (or even to be honest 2000s pop stuff) comes on and you feel right back there

Then you go back to reality and it just does not hit the same

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, _Bagel said:

For you, @Speedo

The only amendment I would make is a name change to *Screeching Gopher* - they would have got gold records otherwise.

But hey - who am I, some washed up tortilla on the interweb

And we become what weee hate 

• Love 1

We need to do more of these battles. They’re good fun.

Do a big battle of the bands including the Beatles, nirvana, Queen, REM etc 

Yeah I’ll smash my house up when Oasis lose to Nickelback on the first round but it’ll be fun 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3