Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - general discussion

Patient #48273

32 minutes ago, Malcolms Ex said:

Lol! I changed my vote to NFG at the last minute to break a tie. These yokels voted out Ramones, Screeching Weasel, Queers and MTX ... I will burn this competition to the fucking ground.

I changed my vote to NFG to cause a tie to see Lauras cute dog AND YOU RUINED IT AND NOW STUPID NFG ARE IN THE SEMI FINALS AND IT'S YOUR FAULT!!! 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Kay said:

I changed my vote to NFG to cause a tie to see Lauras cute dog AND YOU RUINED IT AND NOW STUPID NFG ARE IN THE SEMI FINALS AND IT'S YOUR FAULT!!! 

*flashbacks of Jan's voting shenanigans years ago, when he'd mess up with some polls, switching votes at the last minute, only to end up getting the result he didn't want because he always got the timezones mixed up*

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Elisa said:

*flashbacks of Jan's voting shenanigans years ago, when he'd mess up with some polls, switching votes at the last minute, only to end up getting the result he didn't want because he always got the timezones mixed up*

What makes it so perfect for me is that I no longer have a dog in the race. I don't care about any of these bands.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Elisa said:

Ah yes. When Jan took a day off work to try and own me last minute in botbm only to fuck up and be the reason I made it to the finals. Classic. Even funnier when you take into account I was asleep when the rounds end so wouldn’t have noticed either way.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Ah yes. When Jan took a day off work to try and own me last minute in botbm only to fuck up and be the reason I made it to the finals. Classic. Even funnier when you take into account I was asleep when the rounds end so wouldn’t have noticed either way.

M-O-O-N that spells Jan.

2 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Personally, I'm proud of the board members who voted based on what they actually enjoy listening to. We can now move past the idea that very many people genuinely like Screeching Weasel, Descendents, NOFX, etc. beyond a song or two.

truly sad.

I guess it shows that blink is the perfect middle point. Like it’s diluted down punk rock that still shares the same DNA  as screeching weasel -  but then sets the pedestal for poppy ballads/sensibilities that lead to MCS.

I guess with this comp - it’s like do you want to take the left step ( back into SW, Descendents, Lagwagon etc) or the right step into that more modern pop realm (FOB, MCS). To me, I prefer the DNA of the 90s precursors - rather than what it evolved into. That’s the beauty of music tho. To each their hideous own 

• Like 5