Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - general discussion

Patient #48273

Just now, Elisa said:

Absolutely, one thing I noticed with this comp though was how many people think that liking bands such as Descendents or Ramones isn't a genuine thing, maybe it was just banter on their part.  

Yeah I’m kinda shocked by that. Like blink covered Screeching Weasel and The Descendents - some of their biggest influences. It’s really not out of the realm of possibility for those to be some of our favourite bands haha.

I mean I am a poser, but I’m sure everyone else’s choice was genuine. 

I think it's banter that's based in truth. We all know people who claim to love bands or wear band t-shirts even though they barely listen to them. That might not be the case for most of the people who voted for the bands with more cred (or whatever you want to call it), but it's definitely a fun accusation to make.

• Like 2

It's just @Ghent trolling, he's good at it and I'm vain enough to assume it's because he knows it gets under my skin. I like to troll too but I'm not great on the receiving end of it, I get flustered and take shit too seriously. I doubt Ghent (or anyone else) cares one way or another how any of us really feel about any of these bands. It's a competition and it wouldn't being blink-182online.com if we didn't sling a little shit to go along with it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jan Nation said:

More concerned personally if you guys actually do sit down and listen to Ramones albums.  That's worse than just pretending for comp cred IMO.

This is a very good point..

59 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I think it's banter that's based in truth. We all know people who claim to love bands or wear band t-shirts even though they barely listen to them. That might not be the case for most of the people who voted for the bands with more cred (or whatever you want to call it), but it's definitely a fun accusation to make.

Screeching Weasel has cred?