Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - general discussion

Patient #48273

5 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I dunno Jan, if I was going to post about how a band was the GOAT I sure as hell wouldn’t use a sound bite from a movie that they had no part in writing. I’d use some lyrics or something they actually did come up with.

I’m with Speedo on this one. I think you fucked up.

It was just a silly mistake, not even a big deal.

Let's evaluate.  It's the entire part of the song, it's beautiful/majestic, I'll continue being young and enjoying good music moments while you bitter old men keep bitching and moaning about everything.

I might have not expressed myself very concisely, but that's what happens when you have musical euphoric moments.  It was an amalgamation of all good parts in one.

Go take some Testro supplements or whatever and get over it.

2 minutes ago, Lagwagon isnt yours Speedo said:

Let's evaluate.  It's the entire part of the song, it's beautiful/majestic, I'll continue being young and enjoying good music moments while you bitter old men keep bitching and moaning about everything.

I might have not expressed myself very concisely, but that's what happens when you have musical euphoric moments.  It was an amalgamation of all good parts in one.

Go take some Testro supplements or whatever and get over it.

It's weird you keep trying to turn this into a "don't like my band" thing. No one cares that you like Lagwagon, Jan, they're a good band. I'd be surprised if you didn't. 

Also, it's not that you didn't express yourself concisely, you expressed yourself just fine ... you just made a mistake, it's no big deal. 

If it makes you feel better, I didn't know it was from Swimming With Sharks when I first heard it either ... I mean, I didn't think it was by the band or anything but I had no idea it was from a movie. I had to look it up, there's no shame in it.

6 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Also, it's not that you didn't express yourself concisely, you expressed yourself just fine ... you just made a mistake, it's no big deal. 

There is no mistake, you're legitimately so unhinged right now. 

It's a soundbite, that went over your head, apparently, use of a soundbite in a song can still be applauded. 

10 minutes ago, Speedo said:

If it makes you feel better, I didn't know it was from Swimming With Sharks when I first heard it either ... I mean, I didn't think it was by the band or anything but I had no idea it was from a movie. I had to look it up, there's no shame in it.

Thanks, I feel so much better now.  There's no difference to what I posted and this, literally.  I didn't say whether I knew the quote right off the bat or not, I didn't say LAGWAGON WROTE AND SAID THIS MONOLOGUE either.  It was pretty obvious it was a sound clip, and it was a great end to the song, whether you knew the movie or not..

I looked it up too, that doesn't change anything, nothing, you're so dead wrong here it's unreal log off sign off break your computer don't come back.

26 minutes ago, Lagwagon isnt yours Speedo said:

OMG,

Lagwagon - 'Dancing The Collapse' (4/8/2003)

The

Best. Band. Ever.  Simply amazing, better than any soundbite ever. Phenomenal.

That might be their best song though.

Considering how much you like Lagwagon. Just imagine how much you'd enjoy Screeching Weasel. 

14 minutes ago, thongrider said:

Considering how much you like Lagwagon. Just imagine how much you'd enjoy Screeching Weasel. 

I might give them a go next.  First few listens I didn't get drawn in much.

14 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

You need to listen to some Joey Cape/Bad Astronaut solo stuff @Lagwagon isnt yours Speedo

Life after Lagwagon is exciting to say the least.  Already liking Bad Astronaut - Needle in the Hay quite a bit. 

5 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

@Lagwagon isnt yours Speedo

listen to this and cry 

Yup one of my favorite ones forsure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lagwagon isnt yours Speedo said:

I might give them a go next.  First few listens I didn't get drawn in much.

Life after Lagwagon is exciting to say the least.  Already liking Bad Astronaut - Needle in the Hay quite a bit. 

Yup one of my favorite ones forsure.

Hahaha, there’s no better feeling than finding a band and the whole discography being banger after banger. I remember spending all night on YouTube after finding a deep dive into blink, listening to touchdown boy for the first time. FUCK. Bask in it jannnny boi

joey cape - stitch puppy , if you’re looking for his solo/acousticy stuff 

glad you already found Owen Meany, slaughters me 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Hahaha, there’s no better feeling than finding a band and the whole discography being banger after banger. I remember spending all night on YouTube after finding a deep dive into blink, listening to touchdown boy for the first time. FUCK. Bask in it jannnny boi

joey cape - stitch puppy , if you’re looking for his solo/acousticy stuff 

glad you already found Owen Meany, slaughters me 

Yeah, it's crazy how much new music can dictate your life and well-being.  I'm already starting to get slightly anxious because I've overplayed so many songs already and losing that 'honey moon' euphoria.

That's why blink will always be the best to me, nothing tops that initial find, and then stuff like Neighborhoods/DR ages well as more off kilter to their heyday.  

They definitely like like 2-3 prime or quality albums though.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Lagwagon isnt yours Speedo said:

Yeah, it's crazy how much new music can dictate your life and well-being.  I'm already starting to get slightly anxious because I've overplayed so many songs already and losing that 'honey moon' euphoria.

That's why blink will always be the best to me, nothing tops that initial find, and then stuff like Neighborhoods/DR ages well as more off kilter to their heyday.  

They definitely like like 2-3 prime or quality albums though.

Can some music that you really enjoy give you a sense of anxiety? Because I've been rediscovering an italian songwriter lately - I used to listen to him until 2008 then I casually stopped - so now I have a playlist on repeat every day with his most recent music (which is all new to me) + some old songs and I love it, but it's starting to give me anxiety for some reason. Maybe it's the music, maybe it's the lyrics, I don't know. It's not getting overplayed yet, but I know it will and I know what you mean about Lagwagon.

Blink is actually the only band that I can go back to without experiencing ptsd or thinking "okay this is too much" and I can only feel good when I listen to them, no matter how I feel in that moment. 

• Like 1