Jump to content
 

Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - general discussion


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Kay said:

I changed my vote to NFG to cause a tie to see Lauras cute dog AND YOU RUINED IT AND NOW STUPID NFG ARE IN THE SEMI FINALS AND IT'S YOUR FAULT!!! 

Good!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's be real, someone off the street wouldn't even know what pop punk is so you would just say that you listen to punk rock music.

We need to do more of these battles. They’re good fun. Do a big battle of the bands including the Beatles, nirvana, Queen, REM etc  Yeah I’ll smash my house up when Oasis lose to Nickelback

Use this thread to complain about the tournament and continue arguments from individual battle threads after they get locked. Full list of bands in case you don't want to zoom in on the above ima

28 minutes ago, Kay said:

I changed my vote to NFG to cause a tie to see Lauras cute dog AND YOU RUINED IT AND NOW STUPID NFG ARE IN THE SEMI FINALS AND IT'S YOUR FAULT!!! 

*flashbacks of Jan's voting shenanigans years ago, when he'd mess up with some polls, switching votes at the last minute, only to end up getting the result he didn't want because he always got the timezones mixed up*

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Elisa said:

*flashbacks of Jan's voting shenanigans years ago, when he'd mess up with some polls, switching votes at the last minute, only to end up getting the result he didn't want because he always got the timezones mixed up*

What makes it so perfect for me is that I no longer have a dog in the race. I don't care about any of these bands.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jans Yang Wagon said:

Is it concerning that they don't resemble you?

This took you 4 days to come up with?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Elisa said:

*flashbacks of Jan's voting shenanigans years ago, when he'd mess up with some polls, switching votes at the last minute, only to end up getting the result he didn't want because he always got the timezones mixed up*

Ah yes. When Jan took a day off work to try and own me last minute in botbm only to fuck up and be the reason I made it to the finals. Classic. Even funnier when you take into account I was asleep when the rounds end so wouldn’t have noticed either way.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Ah yes. When Jan took a day off work to try and own me last minute in botbm only to fuck up and be the reason I made it to the finals. Classic. Even funnier when you take into account I was asleep when the rounds end so wouldn’t have noticed either way.

M-O-O-N that spells Jan.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the first time I'm very disappointed (by everyone who didn't vote for Descendents). But I knew MCS was going to win this anyway, so let's get it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I'm proud of the board members who voted based on what they actually enjoy listening to. We can now move past the idea that very many people genuinely like Screeching Weasel, Descendents, NOFX, etc. beyond a song or two.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Personally, I'm proud of the board members who voted based on what they actually enjoy listening to. We can now move past the idea that very many people genuinely like Screeching Weasel, Descendents, NOFX, etc. beyond a song or two.

truly sad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it shows that blink is the perfect middle point. Like it’s diluted down punk rock that still shares the same DNA  as screeching weasel -  but then sets the pedestal for poppy ballads/sensibilities that lead to MCS.

I guess with this comp - it’s like do you want to take the left step ( back into SW, Descendents, Lagwagon etc) or the right step into that more modern pop realm (FOB, MCS). To me, I prefer the DNA of the 90s precursors - rather than what it evolved into. That’s the beauty of music tho. To each their hideous own 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...