Jump to content
 

Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - general discussion


Patient #48273
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Depf said:

why would that be?! I wear 90% polos. Its what you're supposed to do as a east euro in a rusty BMW.

Don't give me any "oh thats so last season".

Its timeless. Its comfy , elegant and highlights the chest and shoulders. It's saying "look i dress formally but I'm cool and athletic and can punch like a mule kicks"

Because you can't fart here without someone screaming nazi ... its not the same there ... someone screams nazi at you guys and you're just like "und?".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Depf said:

why would that be?! I wear 90% polos. Its what you're supposed to do as a east euro in a rusty BMW.

Don't give me any "oh thats so last season".

Its timeless. Its comfy , elegant and highlights the chest and shoulders. It's saying "look i dress formally but I'm cool and athletic and can punch like a mule kicks"

Don't let them take your joy. I still wear Fred Perry and we'll wear one at the post covid euro gang meet-up.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Machine Gun Smelly said:

If it ain’t green, it ain’t aloe 

I miss our big ass aloe plant we had in our backyard. 

Our girl, Janet was convinced you couldn't buy clear aloe gel anywhere. 

Check this thread though ... its gold, I had some real zingers!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Depf said:

Honest question, are polo shirts becoming a political statement?!

If so I need advice what to wear if i wanna signal that I want gay married dudes to be able to defend their pot with german/italian smgs. pro vegan, pro Autobahn, pro making fun of mumble rap.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90560741/why-the-far-right-proud-boys-co-opted-these-polo-shirts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Depf said:

I hate how shallow that term seems to have become. luckily for me i just need to whip out my brajole and show my passport to get a pass by the stawka

Oh shit, godwins law....

Back on track.

This is why I love you! You get the jokes and it's a blast. You and @_Bagel both are my soul mates and I'm glad I found you. You're not like the other people here in the trailer park.

I'm adding @Machine Gun Smelly to that list as well ... we had our troubles but he's a good egg.

  • Love 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

I miss our big ass aloe plant we had in our backyard. 

Our girl, Janet was convinced you couldn't buy clear aloe gel anywhere. 

Check this thread though ... its gold, I had some real zingers!

 

Deflecting again because your jokes have been unfunny since the past several weeks forever

  • Crab 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Need album recommendations for the following:

Saves the Day

Lagwagon*

MxPx*

The Story So Far*

The Queers

Sugarcult*

Neck Deep

The Mr. T Experience

Fenix TX

Jawbreaker
 

Sell me on these bands.

 

* means I’ve heard occasional songs and thought they were okay but never sat down and listened to a full album. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brand New is easily my favourite listed - calling them a pop punk band isn't exactly in line with the majority of their output though.
Otherwise Motion City Soundtrack is the only pop punk band listed here I return to more than once every 4 months or so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

Need album recommendations for the following:

Saves the Day

Lagwagon*

MxPx*

The Story So Far*

The Queers

Sugarcult*

Neck Deep

The Mr. T Experience

Fenix TX

Jawbreaker
 

Sell me on these bands.

 

* means I’ve heard occasional songs and thought they were okay but never sat down and listened to a full album. 
 

 

For The Story So Far I’d recommend What You Don’t See and for Sugarcult I’d recommend Lights Out. Two albums I love, especially the Sugarcult one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Need album recommendations for the following:

Saves the Day

Lagwagon*

MxPx*

The Story So Far*

The Queers

Sugarcult*

Neck Deep

The Mr. T Experience

Fenix TX

Jawbreaker
 

Sell me on these bands.

 

* means I’ve heard occasional songs and thought they were okay but never sat down and listened to a full album. 
 

 

I support Cheerios’ The story so far recommendation, but if you should happen not to enjoy What You Don’t See I’d still give Proper Dose a go because they’re really different but both are great records.

for Neck deep I’d go for their newest one.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, yodda said:

^looking at your sig - I always lumped Jimmy Eat World in with the pop punk and blink-182 adjacent bands. They're more pop punk than Brand New at any rate - surprised they're not on the list.

They weren't recommended as much. There was a nomination thread. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...