Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Round 1 - (1) Sum 41 vs (32) Jawbreaker

Patient #48273

Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Round 1 - (1) Sum 41 vs (32) Jawbreaker  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Sum 41 vs Jawbreaker

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/21 at 08:30 PM

You can vote for the band you like more or based on who is better specifically as a pop punk band. Voter’s choice.

No minimum post count required; anyone can vote, but one person = one vote (i.e., no sock accounts… or if you do vote from a sock account, you can’t also vote from your main account).

Voting closes at 3:30pm Eastern Time on Saturday, March 6th.

2 minutes ago, Depf said:

Fuck, I almost forgot about Boxcar.

This might swing my vote back...since sum41 are gonna win anyhow I feel compelled to back Jawbreaker.

I think they were one fat wreck deal away from becoming MUCH more known in the 90s (and hence now)

This is a good point, let's get them as far as we can. I'm changing my vote to Jawbreaker. I'm doing it for Blake.

• Love 1

Just now, Yang Gang was Punk Rock said:

Honestly, fuck Sum 41, they make Offspring sound like Pink Floyd.

Nonsense, Offapring have some decent songs. Pink Floyd is AIDS and not the Magic Johnson kind ... the Sierra Leone prostitute kind.

1 minute ago, Depf said:

Pink Floyd convinced a generation of conservatives that Hemp was bad. Fuck Pink floyd. Obnoxious pricks. Can't watch a single decent sportscar review without being reminded how their drummer has 3 of those.

Don't insult those poor bantamweigts from Canada like that.

Wish he'd wrap one of them around a pole.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Maddey said:

How so?

I found their music incredibly annoying, main dudes voice especially. And their videos made me cringe at the time. 

2 minutes ago, Depf said:

see, that's over the top.

I'd at best throw acid on his face, just to distance myself.

no disclaimers here. if you havent watched the sopranos and think I'm an evil fuck then by all means, have at it.

I won't apologize for wanting the worst for that band. I won't forgive the travesty they've brought to this world.

22 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I'm team Jawbreaker all the way. I know Sum 41 are important but they never wrote songs as beautiful as Accident Prone or Kiss The Bottle..

Hey mister can you spare a dime? Some change could make a change, could buy some time 

SUM 41 COULD NEVER.

Thank you Elisa, we might do them justice yet

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Depf said:

Fuck, I almost forgot about Boxcar.

This might swing my vote back...since sum41 are gonna win anyhow I feel compelled to back Jawbreaker.

I think they were one fat wreck deal away from becoming MUCH more known in the 90s (and hence now)

That's the tragic thing about them. It's what they deserved, but when Dear You came out...fuck. So many of the songs on that record are catchy as shit. Lets fight for the little guy

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kay said:

I found their music incredibly annoying, main dudes voice especially. And their videos made me cringe at the time. 

Fair enough. I’ve always liked his voice but can see why it’s not for everyone

4 minutes ago, Depf said:

You are a passionate , emotional, sweet and loving man. Because you have a big heart. People like that get upset because they actually give a shit.

These robots don't understand that. God bless.

Edit: In my yearbook i was described as a super tolerant, easy going guy. As long as you weren't left-handed, a pink floyd fan or greek

I gotta find that.

The Greeks only contributed 3 things to the world worthwhile. 

1) Gyros

2) Homer

3) Anal