Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Round 1 - (1) Sum 41 vs (32) Jawbreaker

Patient #48273

Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Round 1 - (1) Sum 41 vs (32) Jawbreaker  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Sum 41 vs Jawbreaker

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/21 at 08:30 PM

1 minute ago, _Bagel said:

That's the tragic thing about them. It's what they deserved, but when Dear You came out...fuck. So many of the songs on that record are catchy as shit. Lets fight for the little guy

I couldn't make the Austin show when they were doing a short stint. I was bummed but I heard it was a great show.

2 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

I couldn't make the Austin show when they were doing a short stint. I was bummed but I heard it was a great show.

It's cool that they managed to get their shit together to play again and were quite honest that they needed the dough. I'm sorry you couldn't make it brother, when the world is normal.

I was lucky enough to see them in Camden, they were unreal. Met a  really chill french ballerina in Camden electric ballroom afterwards and we had a year long thing. French ballerina? The fuck? Whilst I was sweating buckets from the Jawbreaker show.  Felt like another fever dream. They held a special place in my heart before, after that...fuck

1 minute ago, _Bagel said:

It's cool that they managed to get their shit together to play again and were quite honest that they needed the dough. I'm sorry you couldn't make it brother, when the world is normal.

I was lucky enough to see them in Camden, they were unreal. Met a  really chill french ballerina in Camden electric ballroom afterwards and we had a year long thing. French ballerina? The fuck? Whilst I was sweating buckets from the Jawbreaker show.  Felt like another fever dream. They held a special place in my heart before, after that...fuck

She break your heart? I'll break her fucking knee caps. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

Voted for Jawbreaker as I’m sure the same ones who voted for Sum 41 are also the same ones who voted in the fake Machine Gun Kelly.

here’s the real Machine Gun Kelly for you posers:

BEB097-FF-9658-4693-B170-7-EF5695-BBF9-A

I noticed his lack of stupid tattoos and gape mouthed "punk rawk" sneer.

1 minute ago, Slevin Seconds said:

She break your heart? I'll break her fucking knee caps. 

Hahaha- not quite break, maybe a gentle shoulder barge. It's only been fully ruptured twice.  The thing with Anais (not sure how to do the lil accent above the I) was one of those where the longer it goes on, the more  you realise that maybe you don't have much in common. Which is weird. On paper..we worked. In reality, the spark was flat. Maybe I'm devoid of SUBSTANCE.

Fuck, I gotta listen to 'Do You Still Hate Me' and cry

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

Voted for Jawbreaker as I’m sure the same ones who voted for Sum 41 are also the same ones who voted in the fake Machine Gun Kelly.

here’s the real Machine Gun Kelly for you posers:

BEB097-FF-9658-4693-B170-7-EF5695-BBF9-A

God bless you sir. You came through in our moment of need

• Love 1

Just now, Nasa said:

which Jawbreaker album should i start with? i voted Sum 41 purely out of familiarity but am willing to change my vote.

Dear You or 24-Hour Revenge is where I'd start but they're vastly different. Dear You gets dark.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

Dear You or 24-Hour Revenge is where I'd start but they're vastly different. Dear You gets dark.

i will listen tonight and report back!

Jawbreaker is one of those bands like the Ramones for me.  They influenced a lot of other bands but those bands they influenced are simply better than them, in the same way The Weasel is a much much much better at Ramones-core compared to the actual Ramones.

Sum 41 has one perfect album and that was enough.

4 minutes ago, Nasa said:

which Jawbreaker album should i start with? i voted Sum 41 purely out of familiarity but am willing to change my vote.

Hell yes Nasa - most accessible and pop-punk is 24 Hour Revenge Therapy.

Boxcar

Indictment 

Do You Still Hate Me. GAH - wish I could hear it again for the first time, I hope you love it n it sways you!

• Like 1

Dear You is the most accessible, Nasa. The bridge of Accident Prone is giving me all the feelings right now. That song will make you cry and call Bagel's ex ballerina and apologise to her for something he didn't even do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Machine Gun Smelly said:

Are you trying to sound like you have no clue what you’re talking about, or do you just have no clue what you’re talking about?

Jan is rapid firing trolls 'cause she hasn't figured out what triggers people yet. It's best to just ignore her while she learns.

2 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Dear You is the most accessible, Nasa. The bridge of Accident Prone is giving me all the feels right now. That song will make you cry and call Bagel's ex ballerina and apologise to her for something he didn’t even do.

A near miss or a close call...

I might put it on cannonball into my feels too. Tbf @Nasa, Elisa's right - Dear You is more polished. Chemistry is one of my faves too

• Like 1