Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Round 1 - (8) Alkaline Trio vs (25) Machine Gun Kelly

Patient #48273

Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Round 1 - (8) Alkaline Trio vs (25) Machine Gun Kelly  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Alkaline Trio vs Machine Gun Kelly

• (8) Alkaline Trio
    • (25) Machine Gun Kelly

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/21 at 08:30 PM

Just now, Feeling_This_1 said:

You don't have a clue about anything. Who cares so much to define it down to a science

Wow you're terrible at debating. 

Dont ask for something and be surprised when someone responds. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kay said:

Power chords, simple songwriting progression, punk roots with modern production. 

Pop punk is just punk that's made more commercially accessible, which Alkaline Trio were very successful at. 

MGK is pop songs with the occasional guitar part and Travis on drums. 

To which he really didn’t play any of his own guitar parts on the record either. Basically a one man boy band trying to mimic and capitalize on pop punk after getting destroyed by Eminem lol 

(R.I.P. MGK’s rap career)

7 minutes ago, Yang Gang was Punk Rock said:

Diddy has kind of a weird obsession with MGK, especially appearance...does your GF have a thing for him or something?  Who cares, who cares if a guy's into fashion either?  What's wrong with pink??

It shouldn't threaten your masculinity as much as it is.

Na even she picked up on his fakeness on his horrible SNL performance. And she’s liked some questionable acts like FOB and MCR

8 minutes ago, Yang Gang was Punk Rock said:

Diddy has kind of a weird obsession with MGK, especially appearance...does your GF have a thing for him or something?  Who cares, who cares if a guy's into fashion either?  What's wrong with pink??

Nothings wrong with pink. Mark’s been there and done that. That’s why it’s lame. Lame attempt at trying to be something he’s not. I’m sorry you don’t care about integrity and bands/artists being genuine

You are absolutely obsessed with this guy dude. Relax.

And to think you've never listened to a single song of his. wtf. Definitely must have caught your girl flicking the bean to MGK

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

You are absolutely obsessed with this guy dude. Relax.

And to think you've never listened to a single song of his. wtf. Definitely must have caught your girl flicking the bean to MGK

Lol I’m not obsessed, you guys are and I just cringe. However, I recognize that I’m speaking too frequently on this no talent hack. From this day forward, I will no longer recognize his existence. Carry on. 

3 minutes ago, Machine Gun Smelly said:

Lol I’m not obsessed, you guys are and I just cringe. However, I recognize that I’m speaking too frequently on this no talent hack. From this day forward, I will no longer recognize his existence. Carry on. 

You know WAY more about him than I do

2 hours ago, Machine Gun Smelly said:

Why is he so obsessed with it? The point is it’s all fashion and not about the music. The music is secondary. I’m not obsessed I’m just pointing out how lame he is as an overall package. You’ve got a bald 30 year old with hair plugs making high school musicals and you eat it up like candy. Shits lame as fuck. 

What's wrong with hair transplants? If I had the money I would do it as well. 

I mean, he has done a pop punk album, pop punk is associated in the mainstream with stuff like High school, college, American pie and shit like that. He's just doing what he's supposed to do for one of his target audiences, nothing weird about that at all. 

If I had the exposure he has I would care about my looks as well, you are letting your hate for his music cloud you judgement big time on this one.

I mean, I may not like the album, but I understand every move he's doing. And I also thought that the musical thing was pretty smart

15 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Wait...you've MET him?

I’ll explain this and then for real I vow to never talk about him. Early in MGK’s career, Tech N9ne took him out on the road and had MGK open for him. I was a huge Tech N9ne fan, and you could purchase VIP tickets to his shows, and you’d get a ton of merchandise, meet and greet photos with the whole tour lineup before the show, and general admission tickets for the show. It was actually a great value. I did it a couple of times, including the Hostile Takeover tour which is the one that included MGK. So I met him before the show and got a pic with him. My gf at that time actually did like him. I was pretty hammered and told him that I wasn’t a fan but that my girl was, and got an autograph for her. He was pretty annoyed lol. Also got a pic with him and my friend I was with. Nothing crazy, but yup there’s a pic of Diddy Faplord and MGK 😂

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

3 minutes ago, Machine Gun Smelly said:

I’ll explain this and then for real I vow to never talk about him. Early in MGK’s career, Tech N9ne took him out on the road and had MGK open for him. I was a huge Tech N9ne fan, and you could purchase VIP tickets to his shows, and you’d get a ton of merchandise, meet and greet photos with the whole tour lineup before the show, and general admission tickets for the show. It was actually a great value. I did it a couple of times, including the Hostile Takeover tour which is the one that included MGK. So I met him before the show and got a pic with him. My gf at that time actually did like him. I was pretty hammered and told him that I wasn’t a fan but that my girl was, and got an autograph for her. He was pretty annoyed lol. Also got a pic with him and my friend I was with. Nothing crazy, but yup there’s a pic of Diddy Faplord and MGK 😂

But did you present yourself as Water Gun Diddy? That's the most important question here

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Yang Gang was Punk Rock said:

Diddy’s gf definitely fucked MGK or something like that. Been saying it for weeks. I bet she’ll only give him a root of tickets to my downfall is playing in the background.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1