Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Round 1 - (8) Alkaline Trio vs (25) Machine Gun Kelly

Patient #48273

Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Round 1 - (8) Alkaline Trio vs (25) Machine Gun Kelly  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Alkaline Trio vs Machine Gun Kelly

• (8) Alkaline Trio
    • (25) Machine Gun Kelly

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/21 at 08:30 PM

Just now, Patient #48273 said:

There's nothing more insufferable than someone who thinks the Sex Pistols were the pinnacle of punk.

Up until 1999, it was the pinnacle of capitalizing on punk rock.

Just now, JarJarBlinks said:

I hate both the Ramones and Sex Pistols, but bringing up the Pistols ruins his argument.

The Ramones took punk and added POP to it........therefore....POP-punk.

Ramones were essentially 50s/60s era rock and roll, sped up and dumbed down to their core elements ... which is what pop punk is. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I hate both the Ramones and Sex Pistols, but bringing up the Pistols ruins his argument.

The Ramones took punk and added POP to it........therefore....POP-punk.

The Ramones didn't do anything the Beatles hadn't already done years before.

Just now, Slevin Seconds said:

Ramones were essentially 50s/60s era rock and roll, sped up and dumbed down to their core elements ... which is what pop punk is. 

Which falls in line with what I just posted about the Beatles. I guess they invented pop punk then

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

A punk band, I don't consider Cheshire or Dude Ranch pop punk really. Dammit has some moments

I'm gonna have to wait for blink to put an album out with Feldmann again to find a statement worse than this one.

Big yikes.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Depf said:

I thought i was clear on this.

Is there a noticable melody? Is it more catchy than Crass? >>> Poppunk. 🤡

Jesus.

and everyone that doesn't think that bollocks is a fantastic album can choke on a bag of dicks or clean the carpet.

Bodies alone is perfection. Ramones, much as I love them, don't have an album thats as filled with great tunes (maybe adios amigos).

glen matlock was such a talented songwriter

I’m torn on this. Because of what I know about the pistols, what speedo said, I find them lame. plus they only ever had one album?

however, Mike Ness, from Social D who I absolutely worship lists it as one of his main influences. Maybe I should give it a chance 

1 minute ago, Machine Gun Smelly said:

Can we modify the list to include the Beatles then?

Dare you to listen to this song and tell me the Ramones are pop punk but this song isn't

18 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

Sex Pistols were basically BSB of punk ... a made band, meant to sell merch. Fuck the Sex Pistols.

HEY!!! Stop hating on the biggest and best selling boyband in history. They’re fucking legends and you know it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1