Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Round 1 - (8) Alkaline Trio vs (25) Machine Gun Kelly

Patient #48273

Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Round 1 - (8) Alkaline Trio vs (25) Machine Gun Kelly  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Alkaline Trio vs Machine Gun Kelly

• (8) Alkaline Trio
    • (25) Machine Gun Kelly

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/21 at 08:30 PM

10 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Blink and Green day didn’t invent pop punk, they just made the first pop punk you liked.

Yeah but this is the pop punk we are referring to, not the ramones, not whomever the fuck, we are talking, blink 182/green day early thous poppity pop punk

Cue to 3-5-5 power chord.

• Crab 1

11 minutes ago, Yang Gang was Punk Rock said:

Yeah but this is the pop punk we are referring to, not the ramones, not whomever the fuck, we are talking, blink 182/green day early thous poppity pop punk

You mean the pop punk that you’re referring to . The amount of votes for trio in this thread over MGK prove that the majority aren’t just referring to that specific enema-onwards brand of pop punk.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

You mean the pop punk that you’re referring to . The amount of votes for trio in this thread over MGK prove that the majority aren’t just referring to that specific enema-onwards brand of pop punk.

No it proves that they like Alkaline Trio over MGK or are homophobic like Diddy.

• Crab 2

It's not fair that MGK had to go against Alkaline Trio so early. After defeating a few of the hipster bands and mediocre bands like Panic at the Disco, then people would catch on and see how great he really is. He already has a higher peak than at least 25 bands in this competition

Is AFI pop punk? They are kind of similar to Alkaline Trio and didn't make this huge list

Edited by Feeling_This_1
  • Crab 1

51 minutes ago, Yang Gang was Punk Rock said:

What's a 3-5-5 power chord? G? C?

1 minute ago, Yang Gang was Punk Rock said:

Real early 2000s pop punk fans speak in tabs, not chords

Yeah, Jan ... I know, so answer the question ... G or C?

Also, do you think pop punk is the only one to use power chords ... 'cause that is gonna widen things quite a bit. 

7 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

Yeah, Jan ... I know, so answer the question ... G or C?

F# minor blowjob

7 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

Also, do you think pop punk is the only one to use power chords ... 'cause that is gonna widen things quite a bit. 

No.

• Crab 1

38 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

It's not fair that MGK had to go against Alkaline Trio so early. After defeating a few of the hipster bands and mediocre bands like Panic at the Disco, then people would catch on and see how great he really is. He already has a higher peak than at least 25 bands in this competition

Is AFI pop punk? They are kind of similar to Alkaline Trio and didn't make this huge list

This makes me happy!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Yang Gang was Punk Rock said:

No it proves that they like Alkaline Trio over MGK or are homophobic like Diddy.

Nah. You’re wrong. I know you’re in one of those moods where you won’t accept that for a while but soon, maybe after a nap or a snack you’ll realise it.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Nah. You’re wrong. I know you’re in one of those moods where you won’t accept that for a while but soon, maybe after a nap or a snack you’ll realise it.

I might be in one of those moods but that literally is what this poll is about, who you like better not who is more pop punk, so I actually think you're wrong here lol.

• Crab 1

5 minutes ago, Yang Gang was Punk Rock said:

I might be in one of those moods but that literally is what this poll is about, who you like better not who is more pop punk, so I actually think you're wrong here lol.

You like MGK more than Alkaline Trio? Gross!

5 minutes ago, Yang Gang was Punk Rock said:

I meant you’re wrong in the whole broad discussion. Alkaline Trio wouldn’t be in the polls if people didn’t consider them pop punk. The polls are “Battle of the Pop Punk Bands” not “Battle of the bands you like”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

You like MGK more than Alkaline Trio? Gross!

No, but I like that album (Tickets) more than I like any of Alkaline's stuff, but that's just me.  I don't dislike Alkaline either, they have some good stuff, just not my cup of tea persay. 

Radio, Here to infirmary, time to waste all good. I've always wanted to dig deeper into their stuff but get bored quicky, I need a good guide.

13 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I meant you’re wrong in the whole broad discussion. Alkaline Trio wouldn’t be in the polls if people didn’t consider them pop punk. The polls are “Battle of the Pop Punk Bands” not “Battle of the bands you like”

And those people were wrong for including them if they were going for strictly Pop Punk.  However, it's pretty clear we stretched that and Patient disclaimed as much.

Also I started the whole thing, I make the rules here.

Alkaline -> not Pop Punk.

• Crab 1

11 minutes ago, Yang Gang was Punk Rock said:

And those people were wrong for including them if they were going for strictly Pop Punk.  However, it's pretty clear we stretched that and Patient disclaimed as much.

Also I started the whole thing, I make the rules here.

Alkaline -> not Pop Punk.

Go to bed.