Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Round 1 - (8) Alkaline Trio vs (25) Machine Gun Kelly

Patient #48273

Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Round 1 - (8) Alkaline Trio vs (25) Machine Gun Kelly  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Alkaline Trio vs Machine Gun Kelly

• (8) Alkaline Trio
    • (25) Machine Gun Kelly

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/21 at 08:30 PM

2 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Another good pop punk song track. The bridge fucking rocks.

I remember so vividly the build up to this album. Every track that got released I was more and more excited for the whole album. Loved it.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

so in conclusion, MGK hasn't released anywhere near the amount of pop punk songs that Alkaline Trio has. wild!

Alkaline Trio > MGK and it's not even close. MGK has a couple of decent pop punk tracks and the rest are just forgettable. Meanwhile Alkaline Trio have some outstanding albums. Great pop punk band.

2 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Upbeat :

Catchy :

Songs about a girl you used to date :

Sounds pretty pop punk to me.

Song about matt skiba not being able to smoke weed for a year and a half but in the disguise of a cheesy love song: 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Upbeat :

Catchy :

Songs about a girl you used to date :

Sounds pretty pop punk to me.

Don't forget woahs and pick slides on the guitar!

Bet Feldman has a hard on listening to the woahs on this album.

7 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Don't forget woahs and pick slides on the guitar!

Bet Feldman has a hard on listening to the woahs on this album.

Jan tried to claim Skiba only brought woahs into trio post california/skiba when they released their latest Ep. When I showed her a bunch of examples of them occurring in trio songs prior to Matt joining blink she never responded. Tbh I’m expecting the same after this blitzing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Jan tried to claim Skiba only brought woahs into trio post california/skiba when they released their latest Ep. When I showed her a bunch of examples of them occurring in trio songs prior to Matt joining blink she never responded. Tbh I’m expecting the same after this blitzing.

Haha, they use the woahs almost as much as the Offspring do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Depf said:

I just realized I need a song with  a carousel level guitar riff and madam me level lyrics in my life.

This will suffice until we get blink as a 4 piece

Fun fact, this is my fave Alk3 song of all time, and one of my favourite songs ever. I adore it. 

• Like 1

I mean, I just listened to every one of those tracks.  I liked them, but I still feel like they're off kilter pop punk (at best)...I would put them in the same category as like +44, who I would say the same, dark pop punk at best.

Genre wars are stupid anyways, let's move on, it was never that big a deal to begin with..

• Crab 1

Just now, Yang Gun Kelly said:

@Kay how are you not out of crabs yet?  I had 15 crabs to get through this morning I even almost finished my coffee before getting through them all.

Did we take off the limit for crabs?

No Idea, I just crab what needs crabbing.